Lauf forks

wonderturtle

Mark I could set you up with my contact and maybe he can run some numbers by you. I can not say for sure if he can help but he might..

I ride a 2.4 on front (SS rigid) most of the time at those places. I'm thinking about experimenting with a 27.5+ on the front. The Whisky 9 fork can fit a 29+. Would basically have the same outside diameter as the 29er with a 2.2 tire.

appreciate the thought mitch but I cant justify any purchases at this time.

when the time comes (I actually need a new fork) I may look into the 29+ idea.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@wonderturtle not to be nit picky but you'll want to look into B+ over 9+ because 9+ will change your head angle up t0 1 1/2* with B+ you will stay the same. Also depending on the fork you own now you maybe able to run the B+ on your existing fork now.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The verdict is........ $$$$$$$$. Does it work? Yes but it's just like rigid in rock gardens. I like the fork for fun stuff of log overs or small jumps but I wouldn't go to the Wilderness 101 with it. For our local trails it's fine and it will lighten up the front end over a standard fork but for anyplace with extended rock gardens it's tough due to the fact that there is no rebound adjustment. Anyone looking to try it shoot me an IM .

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The verdict is........ $$$$$$$$. Does it work? Yes but it's just like rigid in rock gardens. I like the fork for fun stuff of log overs or small jumps but I wouldn't go to the Wilderness 101 with it. For our local trails it's fine and it will lighten up the front end over a standard fork but for anyplace with extended rock gardens it's tough due to the fact that there is no rebound adjustment. Anyone looking to try it shoot me an IM .
Knew the love affair was over when the hash tags stopped

Reactions: AL.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Knew the love affair was over when the hash tags stopped

Truth is I like to ride the rigid fork and very, very rarely do I ride a sup fork.. I had the Lauf on the Salsa and would use that once in a while. I have now gone with a 29plus 3.0 tire on the Salsa and that is my new suspension. The Lauf will come back come spring... Maybe?
#mitchStoppedLauffing
#mitchStoppedLauffingforthewinter

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
Im still intrigued by this fork for adventure racing purposes (lots of gravel grinding) Id be interested in trying one out if someone has one with enough steer tube (i have an xl frame)

qclabrat

thanks for the update @Mitch, trying to have the seller cancel the sale, but at $300 shipped, I shouldn't have much trouble unloading the new fork

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
thanks for the update @Mitch, trying to have the seller cancel the sale, but at $300 shipped, I shouldn't have much trouble unloading the new fork
You might love it. Depends on where you ride. I am just more at home on the rigid fork. Good luck and keep us updated with your review

qclabrat

75% of the time I'm at Chimney Rock, after riding a hardtail with a 100mm front there last weekend, I'm pretty sure it won't be a favorite setup for me. The seller gladly refunded my sale, as the 3 Lauf forks he had for sale went in no time, I'll put my refund into something else fun instead

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saw
I saw this at the Philly bike expo. Very cool.
20181027_131247.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm more impressed by their website more than anything.

Crazy the fork costs more than my bike basically though. Could be awesome but above my paygrade.

Top Bottom