Kittatinny Valley State Park Conditions

jdgang

Yes. My running group was suppose to have a half marathon at KVSP on the 7th. First the parks service was going to make them run on a modified 1.2 mile loop instead of a 13.2 mile route on both sides of the park. Then JCPL shut the whole thing down.

Power tools and chainsaws are a NOGO in state parks unless you have been certified by the state
I wasnt sure if it was a jorba or state certification, thank u. Any idea how to get certified or do u need to work for the state? Cant find any info on this on state site or jorba site. I know nothing about trail building or maintenance but i do know trees.

Would taking pictures with GPS markers around the parks be helpful? I live in the area and want to help get things back to normal.

Maybe reach out to all those horseback riders for some help :rolleyes:
Im offering help right now but he doesnt seem too talkative haha. I guess you guys just ride/build these trails and wait for the state to clean up? Im too impatient for that.

and i have never met a horse back rider who wasnt jerk! yelling and screaming at me to back off when im already 50ft away dodging large loads of crap...

ryderX

Im offering help right now but he doesnt seem too talkative haha. I guess you guys just ride/build these trails and wait for the state to clean up? Im too impatient for that.

and i have never met a horse back rider who wasnt jerk! yelling and screaming at me to back off when im already 50ft away dodging large loads of crap...
If I am the HE that you speak of I’d suggest parking at the rail trailhead on Rt 206 which is right past the NJ State Fire Warden building and start walking the railbed while clearing all of the blow downs that are littering the rail trail. It’s approximately 2.8 miles to Newton Sparta road. Once that section is cleared we can start concentrating on the single-track that is located on the radio tower side of the park . Handsaws and clippers are the tool of choice . Keep track of your hours. ?

If I am the HE that you speak of I’d suggest parking at the rail trailhead on Rt 206 which is right past the NJ State Fire Warden building and start walking the railbed while clearing all of the blow downs that are littering the rail trail. It’s approximately 2.8 miles to Newton Sparta road. Once that section is cleared we can start concentrating on the single-track that is located on the radio tower side of the park . Handsaws and clippers are the tool of choice . Keep track of your hours. ?
Excellent , thank u. I have no idea what the rules are so i didnt want to start clearing stuff with out asking.

mtn

Any updates on which trails haven’t been cleared? Had my fair share of chainsaw use this past week so looking to just use my folding saw and pruners.

Ron

Rode there Saturday. Sussex branch trail and double track in park is clear. One of our coaches cleared a section of the Blue last week. Couple trails next to lake are rideable. But for the most part the park is hammered with huge trees down.

Reactions: mtn

Thor350Z

Rode there Saturday. Sussex branch trail and double track in park is clear. One of our coaches cleared a section of the Blue last week. Couple trails next to lake are rideable. But for the most part the park is hammered with huge trees down.

I can concur, rail trails and double track clear. A lot of single track is still unridable. Tried Trail up to tower, and a few trails before the lake and there Is a lot of work to do still. Too much for my sawzall for sure.

Top Bottom