Kingdom

teabagger11

just came back from a great trip to kingdom and part of the reasons it was the best one yet the place we stayed, The Burke View inn. reasonable rate Large rooms comfy beds laid back vibe good breakfasts, fire pit , location right on the white school trail. check it out on facebook. Joan is a very gracious host and welcomes you like family

Pklimovich

Gorgeous photo from Jester at Burke bike park

Attachments

• 20190602_162822.jpg
    20190602_162822.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 319

Mr.Moto

Awesome, thanks. Headed up there mid-July, was debating between my Ripley and my Capra. Sounds like the Ripley is the way to go. I run a 140 fork on it, with minions.

The Ripley should handle everything at KT, including much of Burke Mt. KT trails are relatively buff compared to NNJ stuff. If you want some really cool tech and views, stop on your way up or back at Millstone (http://www.millstonetrails.org/). Well worth the detour.

roc

The Ripley should handle everything at KT, including much of Burke Mt. KT trails are relatively buff compared to NNJ stuff. If you want some really cool tech and views, stop on your way up or back at Millstone (http://www.millstonetrails.org/). Well worth the detour.
Kingdom is awesome, I actually like millstone better. Also hit up the green mountain trails in Pittsfield on the way, they are awesome.

Ian F

I'd say almost any bike can work at Kingdom. I've ridden my Primer trail bike there as well as a 27.5+ hardtail (my Vassago). There are generally more roots than rocks, and the plus bike with 2.8 tires did a nice job of smoothing them out.

I was just there on Sat and conditions are getting better. Some trails are a bit wet in spots - I climbed up Shire and it was wet in a LOT of spots - but for the most part, everything else is good.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2452924259

onetracker

Kingdom is awesome, I actually like millstone better. Also hit up the green mountain trails in Pittsfield on the way, they are awesome.
I have been riding at KT for a week and hit the Pittsfield Trails on my way up. Super cool trail system. A little hard to navigate for a first timer but good. A ton of climbing. Great campground at Gifford Woods SP. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

roc

I have been riding at KT for a week and hit the Pittsfield Trails on my way up. Super cool trail system. A little hard to navigate for a first timer but good. A ton of climbing. Great campground at Gifford Woods SP. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Glad you liked it. I may be heading that way wed-Fri. Thinking about hitting a little lift served cross country/low tech downhill at killington and riding GMT.
Know any trails near Manchester?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

You hit Green Mountain or Pittsfield in western Mass?

onetracker

Good trail conditions. Some muddy spots and thick vegetation. However, there was a dude out trimming stuff back when we were riding. Go! Enjoy!

onetracker

So I rode Millstone years ago. Super fun. Sounds like it has expanded quite a bit. What is the experience like these days?

Mr.Moto

So I rode Millstone years ago. Super fun. Sounds like it has expanded quite a bit. What is the experience like these days?

Hmm, I don't have a comparison to how it was since I rode there just the one time. We had someone that rode there before and took us to the hill / grand lookout section since we only had a few hours. Did a lot of the techy trails which had a smattering of ramps, rollers, skinnies, bridges, rocks, a teeter totter somewhere. Some of it was above my pay grade. Trails are well maintained. Definitely challenging and fun.

trener1

Not related to KT, but if you stop at the Green Mountain trails in Pittsfield also check out the Base Camp trails right at the bottom of Killington, it's a brand new trail network and worth checking out.

Top Bottom