Kim's in New Brunswick

Biker Dude

I just want to give a shout out to Kim's in New Brunswick. I bought a bike from them last Spring and another one for my wife in the summer and had great experiences both times.

My bike was in for a tune up last week and asked them about going tubeless. They ordered the Stan's conversion kit (as I don't have tubeless rims) and did the conversion for no cost. They also charged me the same price for the kit as I would have paid directly from the Stan's website.

This is a really good shop! :)

I'm glad you had a good experience at Kim's. On the other hand I try to avoid this shop at all times.

Brought my bike in for a tune up. They didn't tighten the rear wheel and I didn't double check their work as I felt I shouldn't have needed to. Hit the trail and the rear wheel ended up digging into the frame. The bike has held up since with some strategically placed jb weld but I feel they are to blame for damaging my frame. They denied it of course.

Just my opinion about the shop.

Dajerseyrat

I went there once, after the guy dismissed me to answer the phone I walked right out. Service your floor customers who are already there looking to drop big coin before you answer the phone for someone who probably won't even come in.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went there once, after the guy dismissed me to answer the phone I walked right out. Service your floor customers who are already there looking to drop big coin before you answer the phone for someone who probably won't even come in.

I've never been and know nothing about the shop, but I think it's pretty unfair to dismiss them and walk out and bad mouth them because the guy answered the phone. Unless he was a real dick about it or something I guess.

Dajerseyrat

I've never been and know nothing about the shop, but I think it's pretty unfair to dismiss them and walk out and bad mouth them because the guy answered the phone. Unless he was a real dick about it or something I guess.
I didn't bad mouth them, just stated exactly what happened. He left a floor customer interested in buying a bike, standing there while he took a phone call. I felt like he dismissed me, so I left and am spending my money elsewhere. Didn't say a bad word, just shared my experience. And no why delete this thread? These are for reviews and experiences no? If you're gonna delete this one then delete all the threads,including all the praise for shops.

The Kalmyk

Got my Mongoose California from them in ‘85. My parents have done a ton of business with them over the years. My father raffled off bikes every quarter for like 15 years at his New Brunswick store.

Don’t know who is actually running the shop now but Jennifer is a sweetheart.

qclabrat

A good business man/woman handles opportunity. Opportunity was on the other side of the line.
So what happened afterwards, did you leave or continue to browse till he got back? I actually like browsing and less pestering by salesman, but that just me.

Dajerseyrat

A good business man/woman handles opportunity. Opportunity was on the other side of the line.
So what happened afterwards, did you leave or continue to browse till he got back? I actually like browsing and less pestering by salesman, but that just me.
I left..If you turn your back on me, you don't get my money. The customer there with his $$$$ present to more of a selling opportunity than a phone call I would think..

Dajerseyrat

How was the opportunity on the other side of a line? I was there with my money burning a hole in my pocket

Rocksrgood4u

A funny related to Kim’s but not to this customer service topic:

I was an election challenger in New Brunswick in the early 2000s. Happened to be the 5th ward where Kim’s is located. And just happened to catch the nice woman from Kim’s trying to vote using her business address. Quickly...

Me: Hi, you’re the nice woman from Kim’s, right?

Her: Yes

Me: Do you live at xxx French St?

Her: No

Me: Well, ma’am, you’re only allowed to register from your home address. You can’t vote here today.

/Silence/

Her: Okay, thank you.

She left. She really is a nice woman. Give her a second chance. BTW, I caught four business owners trying to vote this way that day in 2004.

wonderturtle

I can understand someone getting pissed when a store rep drops you to talk to someone on the phone.

But like most things the devil is in the details.

If it store rep was alone and (at least) acting ;) contrite about it, obviously making an effort to get back to you as quickly as possible then you need to give them a break.... they don’t want to just let the phone go unanswered

On the other hand if they drop you and then proceed to ignore you for a prolonged period... f’ em. I remember walking out on at least one store for this reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom