Kickr, kickr core, neo 2 or flux 2? That is the question.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
But you just bought a smart trainer

Also did you rip the cassette off with your SS leg powarzzzz

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I'm sure I will get my zwift 3 weeks in again. It's tough zwifting in the winter. I'm not supposed to race but zwifting is really racing as everyone hammers. I do a ton of Z2 and when I zwift I tend to stray off the program.

bucknejo

Hi guys,

I'm looking at the Kickr Core for winter training. Does anyone pair this with a mountain 1x setup, i.e. single 32t chainring and is there enough resistance? Apologies for the ignorance on the technology. I guess I'm thinking the software compensates for any given setup but I suppose this calibration can only go so far.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi guys,

I'm looking at the Kickr Core for winter training. Does anyone pair this with a mountain 1x setup, i.e. single 32t chainring and is there enough resistance? Apologies for the ignorance on the technology. I guess I'm thinking the software compensates for any given setup but I suppose this calibration can only go so far.
No experience putting an SS on a trainer, but it may be difficult to even put the bike on depending on tension method, and you'll have to put your cog and spacers on the Kickr. Just keep that in mind. A wheel on trainer may be better in this situation, but then you also need to consider how your wheels is mounted as a bolt on will likely not work. As for resistance, there is a nice range on it, but I think it really works best with a cassette if you're using it to train on to get that sweet spot.

bucknejo

No experience putting an SS on a trainer, but it may be difficult to even put the bike on depending on tension method, and you'll have to put your cog and spacers on the Kickr. Just keep that in mind. A wheel on trainer may be better in this situation, but then you also need to consider how your wheels is mounted as a bolt on will likely not work. As for resistance, there is a nice range on it, but I think it really works best with a cassette if you're using it to train on to get that sweet spot.

hey - thanks, I should clarify. my setup is 1x10, not SS. would a 32t ring up front be enough to get the most out of the provided resistance?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hey - thanks, I should clarify. my setup is 1x10, not SS. would a 32t ring up front be enough to get the most out of the provided resistance?

I use my 1x mtb bike on the trainer. I have a 2017 KICKR.
The core is a streamlined version of the old KICKR (same as what I have) which is a good thing. I use a few different programs including the wahoo app. They all control the resistance so shifting isn't really necessary most of the time.
You will shift in Zwift but even then, a 1x setup will be fine.... especially on a MTB where you'll have super low gearing.

You're good to go.

bucknejo

The core is a streamlined version of the old KICKR (same as what I have) which is a good thing. I use a few different programs including the wahoo app. They all control the resistance so shifting isn't really necessary most of the time.
You will shift in Zwift but even then, a 1x setup will be fine.... especially on a MTB where you'll have super low gearing.

You're good to go.

jackpot - thank you!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do

You're good to go.
It’s perfect for that. I have used my ss, my full sus and my road bike on my Kickr Core with no problems.

bucknejo

hey guys - update. I now have a Kickr Core attached to my 1x10 Scott scale hardtail, and it's all good. Fulgaz integration works great. thanks for all the help pulling the trigger on this one!

Top Bottom