Kickr, kickr core, neo 2 or flux 2? That is the question.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I am sort of torn between these. Leaning towards the core. Any thoughts on this? The wireless is a nice feature on neo 2 but I really just want to train with power and occasional zwift cruise.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
We’ve done really well with the kickr for three seasons now.

The core is basically a dumbed down version. Think lighter flywheel, less noise and less total resistance. Of the 20+ we’ve sold thus far this season, only 2 have been cores and zero have been the snap.

The Wahoo team are really good people. I like their GPS too and the ability to re-ride an outdoor ride indoors via their gps is appealing.

Take note of there fan unit and climb too as they have been well received.

Last edited:

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
We’ve done really well with the kickr for three seasons now.

The core is basically a dumbed down version. Think lighter flywheel, less noise and less total resistance. Of the 20+ we’ve sold thus far, only 2 have been cores and zero have been the snap.

The Wahoo team are really good people. I like their GPS too and the ability to re-ride an outdoor ride indoors via their gps is appealing.

Take note of there fan unit and climb too as they have been well received.
Yea. I have the element bolt. The charge port melted but the team helped out right away. My buddy loves his 18 kickr but said he is on his 3rd one. Apparently some locktite fixed whatever issue they had. Core is compatible with climb but not sure I need that. Nice to know I can use it. Have u had any wahoo warranties @jdog ?

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Have 1st gen kickr and just got a core too. None of the features on the reg 18 Kickr were worth the extra $ for me and DC Rainman says he couldn’t tell the difference in flywheel weight between the two. Just got the Core but it’s a huge improvement over the old kickr in that it is virtually silent. Wahoo folks have good to work with on warranty work in the past. Buy the Core and the Climb

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unless you live in NYC and $300 for the ability to fold it up better makes more sense, Core over the Kickr any day.

It seems they're just trying to get both pricepoints and had to find a way to make the $1200 one more expensive...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Yea. I have the element bolt. The charge port melted but the team helped out right away. My buddy loves his 18 kickr but said he is on his 3rd one. Apparently some locktite fixed whatever issue they had. Core is compatible with climb but not sure I need that. Nice to know I can use it. Have u had any wahoo warranties @jdog ?

I had a few small issues. All were quickly identified and fixed.

All consumer products have some acceptable failure rate and frankly these have been super low numbers as compared with other bike shit.

xc62701

What's the issue with the snap? I have mine and like it for the limited amount of time I use it. I couldn't justify the upcharge for the kicker/core.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
What's the issue with the snap? I have mine and like it for the limited amount of time I use it. I couldn't justify the upcharge for the kicker/core.
I had a wheel drive unit and they slip a lot during high cadence hard efforts. Annoying.

bergsnj

I have the snap and it has zero slippage using a trainer tire. Even the steepest climbs and hard efforts do not slip at all. I am using a tacx trainer tire that was like 30 bucks from amazon.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
another +1 for the snap, and i'm using a regular road tire. i've done some killer watt sprints and i'm more afraid of falling over because i'm such a beast instead of the tire slipping

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really happy with my Snap, no issues.

If you're so inclined, you can lower the snap to where the tire almost hits the floor if you change the bolt positioning on the legs. Makes it nicer from a tipping-over standpoint.

Top Bottom