Keto

Ya exactly. Cheating once a week is a surefire way to basically render the diet useless.
Once in a while my "cheat" days are when I pig out on too much food (like costco parmesian crisps!) and then eat a half a container of low carb ice cream. I might hit 40 on those days.
Tried the arctic zero chocolate peanut butter, not anything spectacular. What brand ice cream do you get?

Tried the arctic zero chocolate peanut butter, not anything spectacular. What brand ice cream do you get?
Halo top is good. Bryers is cheap. But I was making my own which was fine. But I lost my sweet tooth. Haven't had low carb ice cream in months. I also don't have a kitchen.

Adding to the fold...

About tracking- I've found the Carb Manager App pretty pretty good. Easy to use and a sufficient sized food library to work with.

Man where's @axcxnj telling this guy he'd be faster if he just ran with a 5 pound bag of sugar instead? Dudeman must be crazy eating food that wasn't made in a factory and is sold in packaging.
I also was just on that exact trail last week. The top of his run is where my last rock climb was. Neat.

cant see the video, is that Anton Krupicka? Im assuming you are talking about the flatirons.

There are a few adventure racers who prescribe to specific diets. Ive never said that the keto diet doesnt work, I just think its too impractical for my lifestyle. I really like pasta. I dont eat it every day, but no, I am not willing to give it up.

And for racing, yes, there are multiple ways to skin a cat. 2 world championship adventure racers are raw vegans. It works for them...but no thanks. When I lost my entire bag of food down the river in wyoming, I was happy to eat whatever i could get from my teammates and not worry about knocking my body out of rhythm.

everything in moderation. keep it simple.

Adding to the fold...

About tracking- I've found the Carb Manager App pretty pretty good. Easy to use and a sufficient sized food library to work with.
Nice, when I put my info in it puts my carb target at 35g though, is that too high? and that's "lightly active" setting. Only at 600 calories on the day, very good tracker thanks for the info.

My dad and two of my uncles were born in a refugee camp. My grandparents were well over their head. Lived and died poor.

An inexpensive way for them to get calories was by drinking a traditional tea they called, Kalmyk Tsa. Now you may call it Bulletproof Tea.

Black Tea
Butter
Salt

Good way to start the day.

Keto is all or nothing. One beer and you blew it for the week. Get into ketosis and you'll love it. Hardest part for most people is giving up beer.

No beer? Oh berk that... who wants to live forever anyway...

giphy.gif

Watermelon season is coming!

i'm pretty sure if food was scarce, losing weight was not a priority.
people spread across the globe, and thrived -

we are not fat because of processed food - we are fat because of the abundance of food, the ease at which we obtain it.
And by ease, i mean sit in a chair and get paid for it, then dial a phone number and food arrives.

my experiment
Since getting sick 17 days ago - i've stopped drinking. Eaten healthy. Walked, did some light labor at my client's home, and worked in my yard.
i'm down 14 lbs. Eating healthy for me means, a scoop of sherbet for dessert, meat, fruit, bread, salad, veggies, yogurt, protein bars, tortilla chips and bean dip, and even some chocolate.
So i'm not suffering.

gee - ya think it is the beer? cutting out the 800 (or more) extra calories + massive carb hit each day right before bed?

--

Interesting - someone mentioned this above - make it through childhood in earlier times, you got a shot at living longer - but now medicine has eradicated many childhood diseases. Wonder if war had alot to do with it also.

us-life-1900-1998.gif

-----

Anybody watch 'Genius' on nat geo?
A young Einstein abandons the scientific method for theoretical physics, and is shot down as 'not true science' -

pat, I'm exactly where you're at
I had the worse case of the flu two weeks ago
since then, no beer, no coffee and cut out meat proteins in the evenings
Surprising the hardest has been the meat, I've been allowing myself a small piece at the end as a desert
I'm not weighing myself, just going my pants size, which as been tight for all but the fat day ones

Oh, yeah, and smaller portions all around, especially during lunch

No beer? Oh berk that... who wants to live forever anyway...

I love beer but it wrecks my energy like none other. I truly wish it were not the case. I took the absolute approach and stopped cold turkey. Not so I can live longer but to feel lively when I wake up and go thru my day with consistent energy. Occasionally I hit lulls but for the most part I'm not looking for the 3pm cat nap I once needed.

giphy.gif

Watermelon season is coming!
Eh, 10g carb for every 100g of watermelon (or 3.5 ounces). I try to stay on the 5g or less per serving if I'm going to eat fruit that is only raspberry, blackberry and maybe strawberry

Eh, 10g carb for every 100g of watermelon (or 3.5 ounces). I try to stay on the 5g or less per serving if I'm going to eat fruit that is only raspberry, blackberry and maybe strawberry
Obviously if you are doing keto watermelon isnt happening...but for me personally its one of my most important foods for bike racing. Large amount of fiber, so its filling and it cleans you out, lot of vitamins, great for keeping yourself hydrated. 100 calories of watermelon is about 2 cups...which goes a long way to making me feel full. I have found I do better with controlling my appetite with fiber over fat. Fat is ok, but in my experience its a slope...1 day X amount makes me feel full, tomorrow its Y and it keeps moving. So I like a combination of both...like some lentil soup with avocado.

Obviously if you are doing keto watermelon isnt happening...but for me personally its one of my most important foods for bike racing. Large amount of fiber, so its filling and it cleans you out, lot of vitamins, great for keeping yourself hydrated. 100 calories of watermelon is about 2 cups...which goes a long way to making me feel full. I have found I do better with controlling my appetite with fiber over fat. Fat is ok, but in my experience its a slope...1 day X amount makes me feel full, tomorrow its Y and it keeps moving. So I like a combination of both...like some lentil soup with avocado.

I can eat tons of watermelon

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Watermelon-juice-soothes-sore-cycling-muscles

This time of year your already seeing antigenic drift from last falls vaccine strains. Plus you travel to Asia a lot, right? Next seasons strains are already staring to emerge there.

Back
Top Bottom