Keto

That video kind of sums it up.

Replace the time traveler with the government and various organizations and it's pretty much true.

The reminder at my desk....

IMG_0588.JPG

How many of those on the list do you ever eat regularly? I'll eat kind bars during a ride, maybe have a milkshake once a month. But I don't watch carbs/sugar

Not as much as I would if I didn't have a major thyroid issue that requires daily pills and monthly visits to a doctor in NY.

Getting off medicine is my goal and if that requires restriction / monitoring then I'm all in.

Last edited:
update, so had the yearly physical and I was preparing for it, zero carbs for 24 hours plus the morning I ran 4 miles, no breakfast maybe a light lunch and my glucose was still 87 mg/dl which is not ketosis so I was somewhat surprised. I've been easily under 30g carbs per day with most days under 20. My theory is I probably have a too high protein intake and not enough fat but either way I'm still down 22 lbs and none of my clothes fit properly. Maybe I just need to fast for 24 hours or something. On ride days which is 2 to 3 tough hours I have 60g just in the supplement stuff, so I might hit 90g on those days but the total calories needed on the day is probably double normal. Going to try and shift the mix a bit toward more fat and see how it goes. I'm not super strict at this point because the basic premise of not eating garbage works. Cholesterol wasn't terrible at 209 (and supposed to be below 200) but most of that is from the easiest go to snack, cheese.

with the High fat to protein ratio 90/20 and pretty much zero carb yes, but open to suggestions. Sour cream or cheese to dip vegetables, quick and easy. That and peanut butter.

Last edited:
update, so had the yearly physical and I was preparing for it, zero carbs for 24 hours plus the morning I ran 4 miles, no breakfast maybe a light lunch and my glucose was still 87 mg/dl which is not ketosis so I was somewhat surprised. I've been easily under 30g carbs per day with most days under 20. My theory is I probably have a too high protein intake and not enough fat but either way I'm still down 22 lbs and none of my clothes fit properly. Maybe I just need to fast for 24 hours or something. On ride days which is 2 to 3 tough hours I have 60g just in the supplement stuff, so I might hit 90g on those days but the total calories needed on the day is probably double normal. Going to try and shift the mix a bit toward more fat and see how it goes. I'm not super strict at this point because the basic premise of not eating garbage works. Cholesterol wasn't terrible at 209 (and supposed to be below 200) but most of that is from the easiest go to snack, cheese.

Did you check your blood glucose immediately after running? That could be your explanation for the 87 mmls

Would that make it higher? 7am run and the appointment was 2pm.

And no i didn't check right after

I'm not being sarcastic here:

Wouldn't doing all these things that would create a certain reading at a point in time, just be indicative of that point in time, and not some
stasis that is being attempted?

or is the results of doing these things create a different result, based on the starting state?

I'm not being sarcastic here:

Wouldn't doing all these things that would create a certain reading at a point in time, just be indicative of that point in time, and not some
stasis that is being attempted?

or is the results of doing these things create a different result, based on the starting state?
Yes and no. And one thing I need to do is go back and look at my glucose from last year. I've had some readings in minimal ketosis but I don't really check that often. I have a hard time eliminating carbs completely when I'm riding 2 to 3 hours pushing the pace several times a week so I figure I'm going in and out here and there. Maybe I need to log a more detailed account of exactly what I'm doing, but I'm not going to do a daily blood draw so how would you really know. So from that standpoint I'm technically winging it.

Just go buy a fingertip glucose reader? You can check it before/after meals, upon waking, etc.

Big issue with getting blood drawn for tests is there's so many variables and it's just a minor snapshot in time.

How's your Keto plan going?

Since I hit my number of 220 actual 218 I have inched my way back up to 232 as of yesterday. Beer bread and sweets have been consumed and it shows. My energy level has dropped and weight has been gained.

So i stopped beer breads pastas ect for a shot at 215 by Easter. Now just need to find some time for excessive as work has been crazy which led me to always eating on the run which is never good.

Back
Top Bottom