Keto

gtluke

The Moped
Yeah I am confused about dietary fiber canceling out carbs. Those low carb wraps say 6g when it's actual 32g with 26g dietary fiber to net of 6g????

If the sugar is in fiber it doesn't "count" because of how your body has to break the sugar out of the fiber.
. Apples and apple juice may have the same amount of sugar, but effect your body different because in the juice the sugar is already broken out and gets instantly absorbed and spikes your blood sugar.

rick81721

Lothar
Yeah I am confused about dietary fiber canceling out carbs. Those low carb wraps say 6g when it's actual 32g with 26g dietary fiber to net of 6g????

Fiber is technically a carbohydrate (cellulose) but unless you are a cow it is undigestible.

Blair

Which wraps are those? I may need to get some. I was more asking about eating a certain amount of fiber related to the bowel movement side of things. Most of the high fiber things are also higher carb like the black beans and legumes.

The Kalmyk

Mission low carb wraps

Get saucy....

IMG_0144.JPG

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
If the sugar is in fiber it doesn't "count" because of how your body has to break the sugar out of the fiber.
. Apples and apple juice may have the same amount of sugar, but effect your body different because in the juice the sugar is already broken out and gets instantly absorbed and spikes your blood sugar.

Technically, if you squeeze the juice out of an apple vs. eating one (chew well, not swallow whole like a snake), the net effect should be the same. If you're talking about store-bought apple juice though, that stuff has a ton of sucrose or high-fructose syrup added in vs. straight juice.

Blair

Ice cream comparison: I tried Halo top for the first time and have to say it is much better than the Arctic one and both 5g per serving, HT has Erythritol yet another insoluble fiber reduction but I'm sure it's like a chemical laced zero calorie diet soda so not going to overdo it, especially at 5 bucks a pint. Thoughts on the erythritol?

gtluke

The Moped
Ice cream comparison: I tried Halo top for the first time and have to say it is much better than the Arctic one and both 5g per serving, HT has Erythritol yet another insoluble fiber reduction but I'm sure it's like a chemical laced zero calorie diet soda so not going to overdo it, especially at 5 bucks a pint. Thoughts on the erythritol?
Last time I was at costco they had halo top a bit cheaper (case of 4)
I actually am looking forward to getting back on Keto, took a break for the VT trip but I have too many parties coming up. I'm starting to feel the laziness kick in from all the easy carbs.
You can home make ice cream pretty easy, and it tastes good. I don't think the home made recipes will work on grocery shelves or someone I'm sure would make it. Usually contains raw egg. There's a couple good recipes out there.

Blair

stop n shop routinely gives me $2 off coupons so figured I'd try it out. @The Kalmyk , I happened to be at Walgreens getting another prescription and saw the keto test strips so figured I'd try them. I can't get the color past the "trace" amount, what is your experience with those or do I just need to fast for a day to kick it up to purple? I guess trace is better than nothing, then again with this heat I'm drinking more water.

The Kalmyk

Halo Top uses erythritol from tapioca not corn. They get it from BLB in China. BLB did them that favor since that move so much material.

They use it because it off sets the natural flavor of Stevia- that's why. If there was no eyrthritol Hali Top would taste like shit.

The Kalmyk

stop n shop routinely gives me $2 off coupons so figured I'd try it out. @The Kalmyk , I happened to be at Walgreens getting another prescription and saw the keto test strips so figured I'd try them. I can't get the color past the "trace" amount, what is your experience with those or do I just need to fast for a day to kick it up to purple? I guess trace is better than nothing, then again with this heat I'm drinking more water.

As it is right now the best way to measure Ketones accurately at home is through your blood. The urine strips measure acetoacetate only.

I only use the blood strips and use them sparingly being that they are roughly $3 a strip.

The Kalmyk

Ha gotta maintain margins - sorbitol and glycerin are (or were) less than $1/kg, and polyol concentration in toothpaste is high.

I knew you were going to say sorbitol. What company Rick?

Sorbitol is used in bathing Stevia to take the tart aftertaste out of the equation

Top Bottom