Keto

Blair

Read some stuff on this recently. Anyone have experience with the Keto diet?

Last edited:

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
First. Did you mean Keto diet? I know at least one person here does it. I was doing low carb (but not keto) for awhile. lost weight. I have to get back on it. I felt so much better eating more vegis, good fats and low carbs.

Blair

First. Did you mean Keto diet? I know at least one person here does it. I was doing low carb (but not keto) for awhile. lost weight. I have to get back on it. I felt so much better eating more vegis, good fats and low carbs.
Fixed, for some reason I'm stuck on that chevy chase vacation keno game.

I'm intrigued and going to attempt more focus on that plan. I'm not specifically measuring everything but gearing my eating toward those percentages.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
8e1d3ddd69698fef04fc17b1bd52919ed432197df6bf10cdb950c1c22c66ba92.jpg

XyzRDNT.jpg

Robson

All diets are nonsense...all you have to do is this: avoid any animal protein, fats and refined sugar. Eat veggies, whole grain bread and pasta if you want.

gtluke

The Moped
All diets are nonsense...all you have to do is this: avoid any animal protein, fats and refined sugar. Eat veggies, whole grain bread and pasta if you want.
Lol, literally the most unnatural diet next to a living on Twinkies. Try eating something that has existed before the pyramids.
Like bacon, and steak.

Keto is the shit. It's how humans lived for 8 million years. Sugar, bread, vegetables, fruit.... garbage humans invented in the last 10,000 years so they didn't have to leave their neighborhood.

Some modern stuff is still good on a keto diet. Green leafy vegetables, some nuts, avacados, cheese.

The main advantage of keto is the complete loss of apitite and endless energy. But you have to keep the fat content uncomfortablely high. All your fat parents and doctors said to avoid fatty foods, they were dead wrong and are now part of the fattest generation in all history.
I'm recently back from a vacation so I have some weight to lose.
Yesterday I ate 9 eggs and some cheese. Today I ate 3 eggs, and a double burger with avacado and bacon. Still not hungry.
Fat is key, we have been lied to about fat content in food our whole lives.

Robson

Luke, do some research on animal based protein. It will open your eyes...and fat makes you fat and sick.

gtluke

The Moped
Fixed, for some reason I'm stuck on that chevy chase vacation keno game.

I'm intrigued and going to attempt more focus on that plan. I'm not specifically measuring everything but gearing my eating toward those percentages.
Keto is all or nothing. One beer and you blew it for the week. Get into ketosis and you'll love it. Hardest part for most people is giving up beer.
Hardest for me is other people offering me food. People get really offended when you turn down their food and will try to convince you to have just a little. But that won't work.

gtluke

The Moped
and I mean academic research...
How about 8 million years of the most successful species in the know universe eats meat? There are very few intelligent animals on Earth that are herbavoirs.
Herbavoirs are food, and they eat feed.
Don't be the deer, be the wolf.

gtluke

The Moped
What was the life expectancy back then?
Same as it is now. That bullshit about ancient man living to 35 is a misconception. The average age of skeletal remains of ancient man is 35, because they find so many dead babies that count into the average.

Robson

How about 8 million years of the most successful species in the know universe eats meat? There are very few intelligent animals on Earth that are herbavoirs.
Herbavoirs are food, and they eat feed.
Don't be the deer, be the wolf.
How about all the the diseases because of western diet?

Supermoto

I think life expectancy was based on...if you made it to 15 yrs old, then you were expected to make it to 50. Avg age of death could be 35 since people had a 60% change of making it to 15

gtluke

The Moped
I think life expectancy was based on...if you made it to 15 yrs old, then you were expected to make it to 50. Avg age of death could be 35 since people had a 60% change of making it to 15
Yup. Modern medicine is keeping us alive too. We all know a dozen people that would be dead without a hospital, regardless of health. A broken leg was a death sentence not too long ago.

gtluke

The Moped
Last I looked there were ZERO vegans who have ever finished the tour de France ever. EVER.
What does that tell you?

Top Bottom