Just a heads up

Godzilla

Hey guys,
I am new here, but i am seeing alot of " Stolen bike " posts.
And people are asking for watchful eyes and what not. And that us awesome that the community comes together and helps out best they can.
But i have seen something online, that may be a good backup to boots on the ground.
Apparently it is a top cap for bikes, that has a " GPS " tracker, or module in it.
And it helps to locate bikes. Since it is basically " hidden " the thief will be cruising along until they stop to sell or strip without knowing about the tracker.
It is called " Top cap Tracker "
And it is apparently about $125, and has a $5 monthly fee attached to it like a cell phone.
I guess that is pretty pricey for alot of owners, and bikes.
But for bikes in the $3k and up range it may be worth checking out.
Just a heads up if you did not know about said product.
By the way i have ZERO connection to said company. I just thought it was a good redundancy and wanted to let others know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180821-230001_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180821-230001_Samsung Internet.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 90

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
would be interesting if they had geofencing and motion detection alerts.
know immediately that the bike is being messed with.

qclabrat

How are Citibikes tracked? I doubt it's a SIM card. Is it just from the bike chorales at check in/out?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
How are Citibikes tracked? I doubt it's a SIM card. Is it just from the bike chorales at check in/out?

i think the latter - personal responsibility with the codes/check-in. but it must read the bike when docked....
the newer bikeshares with the integrated locks have tracking, because they can be left anywhere. wonder how they are charged?

Top Bottom