Jungle Habitat Conditions

Mr.Moto

Morning conditions were surprisingly good. Trails were mainly dry. A little muddy in the typical low spots and some ice here and there.

Good riding with @mustclime
IMG_1337.JPG

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Nice and frozen this morning during our 8:30 ride with snow dustings still around. Gonna get muddy with this warm up coming this week though. Couple trees down that could probably even be handled by a good pack saw.
1 - Warthog right at the paver-armored turn below the far end of the big parking lot. Can get around but sticking into trail at handlebar height.
2 - Baboon along the far fence line. A go-around has already formed though.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Trails are in great shape and totally clear. I also cleaned up some debris and blowdowns as I rode. Noticed this new armoring on upper Chute and thought it was a bit of an eyesore and kinda overboard. That spot did need work but did it need the backyard patio treatment? I'm a fan of keeping trails as natural and blending in with the landscape as possible. With all the other awesome natural rock armoring in the park and on that trail, and rocks right there, I would have done it differently. Anyway, just my opinion FWIW.
1916682_10204949207844999_4887487928988693750_n.jpg

Berms&Boofs

Last night's wind made a mess at Jungle. Warthog got the worst of it.

Some new chainsaw size trees in the trails. I think there were 2 in warthog, 1 or 2 in dump truck, 1 nasty one completely blocking rhino, and 1 other one that I cant remember where (boon?).

There are also lots of branches in all the trails. I cleared some but there are many more.

Many other new things to duck under or wiggle around.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Last night's wind made a mess at Jungle. Warthog got the worst of it.

Some new chainsaw size trees in the trails. I think there were 2 in warthog, 1 or 2 in dump truck, 1 nasty one completely blocking rhino, and 1 other one that I cant remember where (boon?).

There are also lots of branches in all the trails. I cleared some but there are many more.

Many other new things to duck under or wiggle around.
Okay we'll take a look at it.

Rockbottom

Conditions were perfect this past Sunday. I noticed that the log pile challenge on wharthog was "smoothed out" to be a bit more beginner friendly?Kind of a bummer.

huffster

I noticed that the log pile challenge on wharthog was "smoothed out" to be a bit more beginner friendly?Kind of a bummer.
It was completely dismantled by someone a couple months ago. So the fact that someone went thru the trouble to restack it was pretty cool. It is indeed easier, but at least its back.

nj6964

Rode this morning and had a great time. There was a clothesliner on cages, see map below. Definitely manageable with a hand saw. Too low to fit my bike under standing up.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    427.1 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 331

steverod23

Can someone point me to the latest map with all the new trailwork? I don't think the last Jorba published one has the latest work.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
The park is open for riding, you just might not be able to park up top. You might have to insist.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions