Jungle Habitat Conditions

chris12453

There is a blow down on Boon just before the second rock ledge drop on the backside of the cut open fence. Have to slide your bike under it as it is still propped up, but you cannot ride under it.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
There are 2 more trees that need attention: 1) Between the 2 big rock slab rollers on Rhino before it reconnects with Otter and 2) right after the stream crossing at the very bottom of lower Animal Chute. Conditions were great tonight though.

chris12453

Just as an update, there is a family of black bear living in and around the beginning of boon and the top of Fish. I have been trying to get onto boon for the past week or so, but the cubs keep dropping out of the trees so I turn around.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Trails were primo tonight. New/repaired trail signage is up and looks awesome (just in time for Jungle Jam). Saw a bear within 1 minute of starting my ride on upper Chute. It looked like a "teenager" bear, not fully grown yet, but ran away quickly into the park.

bucknejo

so... whoever put up the life-size black bear cutouts on warthog, bravo! you scared the living bejesus out of me yesterday 2x.

when i got to the bottom of lower chute i had to pause for a second to make sure this guy was real. yes, he was real. and yes, he scared the living bejesus out of me too (see image). señor deer won this Mexican standoff. I called it a day after 2 close encounters of the 3rd kind with 2 fake black bears, an RD mechanical, and an x point buck. happy birthday to me!

ps. jungle was awesome yesterday. i only saw one empty GU packet on my travels and after a massive event like the jam i thought i would see more. props to the people who put the jam together and all the riders and folks who carry out what they carry in.

IMAG0401.jpg

Last edited:

terrabike01

How are the conditions at Jungle Habitat lately? Never been there and it's on my bucket list to get to before it snows. I was going to try to go this week but I see rain coming Tue and Wed.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
With temps in the 50s expected tomorrow, will probably be best to get out EARLY while it still might be frozen.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions