July 19th TM

While the wookie is a large, easy target, I would not want to deal with the repercussions:getsome:

If I don't get hit by a wrench tonight or tomorrow, I should be able to make it to the TM... Are we going to have a wrench throwing contest post TM? Would we be targeting rookies or Wookies??? :hmmm:

:hmmm: I think rookies :D

While the wookie is a large, easy target, I would not want to deal with the repercussions:getsome:

....or the flying Pulaski's :rofl:

Tomorrows weather is looking awesome... Low 60s to start the morning off (60s is my favorite temp) and looks like worst case is low 80s in the afternoon :)

Have a good TM tomorrow guys! I reached my 1 TM in a weekend limit today. I think we tired Frank out a little bit today so be kind to the foreman tomorrow :D

good session as always, to bad I had to bail halfway through the afteride but I needed to do a few things then pick up my wheels from Jason..I be ready now although I must say the trek was not to bad to ride at a non-hammerfest speed today.quick question what front ring size do most of you SS peeps run? I checked the trek and I have been running a 38t front ring and either a 24 or 21 back gear most of the time.just wondering if a 24 rear and 38 front would give the same ratio as what everyone else is running... just idle random thoughts

Yea it was good seeing/meeting everyone today. This was my first TM and I'll definitely be coming to future ones to help out (although in the future I'm going to be smarter and eat some breakfast first! I started struggling around 11.... that granola bar was not enough :eek: )

The ride after was fun too. Some of those bridges on Coke trail psyched me out big time... good thing that the only one I fell off of (twice) was the easy one in the beginning. They're such a mind game!

I still get sketched out by some of those things too. My current mantra when on bridges or skinnies is, "you don't fall off the singletrack, now do you?" (It even works sometimes. When it doesn't :popcorn:)

lol my usual philosophy is "if they can do it, I can do it"... but for some reason today I was envisioning how I was going to fall when my wheel slides off, and thinking like that doesn't help much :hmmm: Next time I'll be more of my normal self :D

Had a good time giving some love back to the Park. Tracy had a ton of fun too. the Polaski is her favorite tool.

I always find it amazing how different the park is on foot. I could ride every trail at Allaire blindfolded, but on foot, the surroundings appear different.

Sorry I missed the group ride. Tracy wanted me to guide her through the "Tracy trails" at a Tracy pace so we did our own thing.

-Eric

Had a good time giving some love back to the Park. Tracy had a ton of fun too. the Polaski is her favorite tool.

I always find it amazing how different the park is on foot. I could ride every trail at Allaire blindfolded, but on foot, the surroundings appear different.

Sorry I missed the group ride. Tracy wanted me to guide her through the "Tracy trails" at a Tracy pace so we did our own thing.

-Eric

Dude,
seeing how good she is with that you should be careful how you talk to her, it's the gleam in her eyes as she was swinging it...

what front ring size do most of you SS peeps run? I checked the trek and I have been running a 38t front ring and either a 24 or 21 back gear most of the time.just wondering if a 24 rear and 38 front would give the same ratio as what everyone else is running... just idle random thoughts

Hi Mike, I don't know about everyone but the SS Seeders that I know run a 32, 33 or 34 off road. To know if it matches up I need to know your wheel size 26 or 29.

38/21 on a 26in. wheel gives you a 47 gear inch on a 29er it's 52.47.

38/24 on a 26in. wheel gives you a 41.1 gear inch on a 29er it's 45.9.

I run 34/20 on a 29er which equals 49.3 gear in.. If you have more questions you can PM me.

cool thanks for the info...
it's a 26 in wheel...

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions