Jshort’s bike thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
You had a great race. You'll get a call-up next week, along with UTAR and Ben. Frank will be in Florida.

And FWIW, this bullhorn siren sucks. I need something better.

what is the budget? with the car parked right there, i've got some serious ideas......
it may end up having its own wheels to tow, or maybe grab a couple of those hs robot kids.....

RobW

Any heckling or hand up stories?
When I asked for some racers from first race just chit chattin, I asked for cowbell and got it! @jShort squirt some of his water on me-
I heckled a guy in front of me and pushed him through the turn around and up the fire road.

But @Norm is right... I can't keep making stories up When people ask for mfm

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
heard a good one during the first race - can't remember who said it - at the turn around, perry started pulling away from someone, and
they yelled, 'hey perry, wait up'..... or was it dillon.? anyways it was funny.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
heard a good one during the first race - can't remember who said it - at the turn around, perry started pulling away from someone, and
they yelled, 'hey perry, wait up'..... or was it dillon.? anyways it was funny.
I think that was me telling Dillon to wait up. It was all a blurrrrrrr.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-and...024170?hash=item2a6362786a:g:mnQAAOSwZQxW22Cx

s-l1600.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Short track #4 Wrap

• I pulled out a 5th place which i am ok with. I was super flat and it looks like my heart when compared to last week supports this. Last week was a rest week and i'm always slow after a rest week. I can live with this.

• I had my yearly St Paddy's day party the night before and managed to avoid drinking too much. 1 finger of whiskey and 2 beers was it. What really hurt me was all the corned beef and cabbage. My stomach was not happy.

• @Norm blew the start, again.

• My legs really hated the opening fire road. I was holding my own, and then everyone seemed to shift into a higher gear. I stood up and tried to shift, but i was already in my top gear. (BTW, the talk of me spinning out after the first race was because my cassette was all F'ed up and not going into the 11)

• This caused me to go into the ST behind someone which @Utah specifically told me to avoid doing. Not sure how much it cost me in the end, but i was thinking about that advice as it happened.

• After Merrit and I passed nick from CCI, Utah, Ben, and Dan had created a good sized gap going into the back section. I waved mike by because I was a little gassed. He closed that gap like nothing. Really impressive there. I'm glad he's in the 40 group.

• The rest of the race was spent in no mans land between Mike and @Chris26er. I made a few feeble attempts to catch up to the leaders but no chance. Along the same lines my lead seemed to maintain.

• The last 2 laps were mailed in

Overall, the 2016 Shorttrack series was just what I needed it to be. I feel pretty good about where I am with regards to fitness. I have a long way to go, but unlike last year, i'm not too worried about finishing DFL. It let me dial in my bike, gear, pre-race routine, and reminded my legs what racing feels like. Next week should not be a complete shock to the system.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I broke out the gong for the second race. But I think nothing short of explosives would really be appropriate.

I don't know who gave me that portable duck. But Matty later got his hands on it and quacked it 45,000 times. NOT ANNOYING AT ALL!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lol ok I told you, but seeing is believing isn't it.

Nice work on the series, for March that's the best form I can remember seeing you in.

Top Bottom