Which date works best?

• October 14

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • October 21

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GreenMachine

I’ll be there with my 10 year old - he’s never done something as extensive as Allaire but he’s super athletic so I’m hoping he can keep the pace.

Jerzeejoe

I now have some bedroom furniture coming sat.. Hoping for an early delivery so we can still make the ride.. Any idea how many miles you plan on covering?

Matt_

I Get Jokes
@Jerzeejoe fingers crossed you guys can make it. Worst case take down my cell and join the group if you show up late. We'll probably get close to 10 miles, but I plan on circling back near the lot around mile 5-6, or as deemed necessary by the kids.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
So i have some sad news... we had a death in the family early this morning. I just received confirmation that the funeral will be Saturday morning. JT and I obviously will not be able to attend and lead the kids ride as planned.

Between here and the FB group I think we have a solid 10 or so kids coming. i know there's some overlap so I dont know the exact number... i was planning on hashing that out Friday to have a good count so I'd know who to expect.

I expect everyone to still get together and ride. @moose35 has already volunteered to help coordinate and ride sweep. I have at least one other friend (possibly 2) planning on coming to help ride mid-sweep, coral, etc. And right now working on a ride leader.

Will update everyone when I have more details. If you're on the FB group you won't see any updates there until my family has arrangements settled since it's a public group, and friends/family will see posts in news feeds even if they're not part of the group.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So i have some sad news... we had a death in the family early this morning. I just received confirmation that the funeral will be Saturday morning. JT and I obviously will not be able to attend and lead the kids ride as planned.

Between here and the FB group I think we have a solid 10 or so kids coming. i know there's some overlap so I dont know the exact number... i was planning on hashing that out Friday to have a good count so I'd know who to expect.

I expect everyone to still get together and ride. @moose35 has already volunteered to help coordinate and ride sweep. I have at least one other friend (possibly 2) planning on coming to help ride mid-sweep, coral, etc. And right now working on a ride leader.

Will update everyone when I have more details. If you're on the FB group you won't see any updates there until my family has arrangements settled since it's a public group, and friends/family will see posts in news feeds even if they're not part of the group.
Sorry to hear Matt... Condolences to your family..

ilnadi

Actually I just marked myself off for Saturday. There is a NICA ride on Sunday and he has cross-country races Monday and Wednesday. He decided he needs a break. Y'all have fun.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Updated post #28.

Also like to thank @mike_243 for offering up a celebrity appearance to lead the ride. You guys are in good hands and will have a great time!

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Bummer about the rain, but good call postponing. As much as we want the kids to ride, it's good to instill good etiquette as early as possible (I admittedly was one of the niave people who thought it was fun riding muddy trails in high school because I honestly didn't know any better)

Hopefully most of you can still make it tomorrow.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
My next few weekends are shot with weddings & birthdays. If I don't head to Raystown, Nov 11 or 12th would work (but in really hoping to be at rays!!)

Otherwise why not get them together for the last Allaire TM/BBQ on the 19th? Bikes, bonfire and food....

And you guys are obviously free to set a date without me. I just got the ball rolling, the more rides people create for kids the better! :)

Top Bottom