Jr MTB Ride @ Allaire - RAIN DELAY OCT 15

Discussion in 'Rides, Races and Events' started by Matt_, Sep 18, 2017.

?

Which date works best?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2017.
  1. October 14

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. October 21

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hot Action

Hot Action Active Member

Count me and my little dude in also, We will be camping with the cub scouts across the street all weekend so we will be in the neighborhood, a 2fer

Matt_, moose35 and Jerzeejoe like this.
  2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

I’ll be there with my 10 year old - he’s never done something as extensive as Allaire but he’s super athletic so I’m hoping he can keep the pace.

moose35 likes this.
  3. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

It's all good @GreenMachine it'll be a fun ride. I'll have a sweep and midsweep to help keep the group together.

I lost count but I think we're up to a solid 9 or 10 junior riders! :)

moose35 and GreenMachine like this.
  4. Jerzeejoe

Jerzeejoe Active Member

I now have some bedroom furniture coming sat.. Hoping for an early delivery so we can still make the ride.. Any idea how many miles you plan on covering?

5. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

@Jerzeejoe fingers crossed you guys can make it. Worst case take down my cell and join the group if you show up late. We'll probably get close to 10 miles, but I plan on circling back near the lot around mile 5-6, or as deemed necessary by the kids.

Jerzeejoe likes this.
  6. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

So i have some sad news... we had a death in the family early this morning. I just received confirmation that the funeral will be Saturday morning. JT and I obviously will not be able to attend and lead the kids ride as planned.

Between here and the FB group I think we have a solid 10 or so kids coming. i know there's some overlap so I dont know the exact number... i was planning on hashing that out Friday to have a good count so I'd know who to expect.

I expect everyone to still get together and ride. @moose35 has already volunteered to help coordinate and ride sweep. I have at least one other friend (possibly 2) planning on coming to help ride mid-sweep, coral, etc. And right now working on a ride leader.

Will update everyone when I have more details. If you're on the FB group you won't see any updates there until my family has arrangements settled since it's a public group, and friends/family will see posts in news feeds even if they're not part of the group.

7. MadisonDan

MadisonDan Well-Known Member Team MTBNJ Halter's

Sorry to hear Matt... Condolences to your family..

8. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

Thanks man.

9. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  10. Jerzeejoe

Jerzeejoe Active Member

Yes joey joe on fb

11. ilnadi

ilnadi Well-Known Member

Actually I just marked myself off for Saturday. There is a NICA ride on Sunday and he has cross-country races Monday and Wednesday. He decided he needs a break. Y'all have fun.

12. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

Updated post #28.

Also like to thank @mike_243 for offering up a celebrity appearance to lead the ride. You guys are in good hands and will have a great time!

moose35 likes this.
  13. moose35

moose35 Well-Known Member

GreenMachine likes this.
  14. Hot Action

Hot Action Active Member

Good call, I'm here camping with the Cub Scouts and its soaked, tomorrow will be perfect

GreenMachine likes this.
  15. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Thx for the heads up before making that ride , I’ll try to get there tomorrow.

16. Matt_

Matt_ I Get Jokes

Bummer about the rain, but good call postponing. As much as we want the kids to ride, it's good to instill good etiquette as early as possible (I admittedly was one of the niave people who thought it was fun riding muddy trails in high school because I honestly didn't know any better)

Hopefully most of you can still make it tomorrow.

moose35 likes this.
  17. moose35

moose35 Well-Known Member

thanks to everyone who was able to come out today.
    we were able to get in about 15 miles in the woods with the kids
    the kids had a great time today

check out the ride we took
    https://www.relive.cc/view/1232143723

stay tuned for next months ride.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 6:09 PM
    Jerzeejoe and Matt_ like this.