JORBA Open Membership Page

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Morning announcements.........
F0FB4D2B-2240-4252-9005-8A70943A7BE9.jpeg

So, not really an ANT type question but, is there any JORBA membership requirement for NICA adult affiliation roles? Coach’s, officials, lead team parents, etc.? If not, is there any reason why there shouldn’t/couldn’t be?

Reactions: rlb

TimBay

Morning announcements.........
View attachment 97465

So, not really an ANT type question but, is there any JORBA membership requirement for NICA adult affiliation roles? Coach’s, officials, lead team parents, etc.? If not, is there any reason why there shouldn’t/couldn’t be?
Not that I know anything about anything, but I imagine both entities have to stay in their own lane. That said, I'm sure Norm and others involved with NICA do/could promote, advocate and encourage parents and all involved to sign up and support the only organization working to better the sport in our/their state. Even if they donante the minimum like myself, it's been mentioned that member count itself is important when applying for grants and the like.

TimBay

@Norm I forget, is there an age minimum for signing up. Like if I wanted to sign up my wife and kids as individual members on their behalf? My 1yo is all about the sport. That would add 3 members. So like, if others did that.............

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Patrick - Indeed it is, Ryan did renew.

@Juggernaut - I don't think it makes sense to add more requirements to what is essentially a growth product. Think about it in terms of a startup software company. You need to pour resources into it and remove roadblocks in an effort to get it off the ground. Adding additional financial obligations won't help it get going. From my perspective, a lot of these parents are casual bikers at best, some not at all. I think a move to add another org membership like that moves us 1 step closer to a USAC-like paradigm, which to me is not good.

@TimBay - I am not a proponent of padding the numbers. I am hoping to build a more robust membership set that understands what they get from being part of JORBA and where the money goes. In the end most people won't bother, so it'll add a handful to the number which we could do simply by setting all the expired memberships to active. I'm not a fan of manipulation like that. I want to see 1000 actual people/families join. Plus what I have seen is that 3 people sign up then 0 renew. I would prefer 1 signup and 1 renew forever.

Fat Trout

While I'm not trying to guilt anyone, I'll just throw the reminder out there that lending a hand at the JORBA sponsored TM's in your area would help too. Any amount of help is good help. It's been kinda sparse for the Allamuchy ones this year so far for the 2 of 3 that I've hit. "Allamuchy" tends to be Allamuchy North or Deer Park as needed.

walter

Fourth Party
But, you didn't expire until next week. So you are still #499. I mean you prevented us from immediately going back to 499 which is appreciated. However, still looking for a new member or someone currently expired. Like, IDK, @walter for instance. I tag him because he said he would do it, and is just being lazy. There is another prominent member of the board who refuses to even respond to my PMs.

On a side note, did you get my emails about renewing? I sent 1-2 to you about it. I am afraid I am getting pared out by the spam folders now.

I tried doing it immediately after we spoke, but i was at work, trying to do it from my phone and for whatever reason i couldnt figure it out. Went back to work and just forgot to follow through.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I tried doing it immediately after we spoke, but i was at work, trying to do it from my phone and for whatever reason i couldnt figure it out. Went back to work and just forgot to follow through.

It's ok. To be fully transparent when I took this over I was expired. As was @KenS. We suck, all of us. Join the Circle of Suck.

Just trying to fix the suck a bit.

Top Bottom