Jonathan Woods

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The bridge is ok, but the orange connector trail from Old Beach Glen Rd to Meriden Rd is a complete disaster right now due to the rain. Standing water everywhere.

Yes, with the new trail in JW and bridge across Beaver Brook, a more direct route to the Hawkwatch is needed. This is a favor to the hiking community and provides more options for all. More work is needed, but when done, will be a very good challenge.

I was coming down Four Birds from the Hawk Watch, and just before the first water crossing and long ass climb up there was a trail going to the left with some pink tape on some trees. Is that you? Where on BGT does the trail start/end?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yes, but the trail is under construction and not ready for riding.

Yup, no problem. I see on the NYNJTC map that it looks like there is an old unmaintained woods road there, and then I saw the tape markers and figured that was where you were connecting it to. Good stuff!

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Somebody trashed the bridge I put in between the BS bridge and Meridan Rd. I had to dig those 80lb logs out of the brook and put it back together. Nearly threw out my back doing so. I just don't understand why.....

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's ready to ride about 1/3 of it. 2/3 probably for you.
What a difference a week makes. Totally rideable now. Slayed that whole thing.

Yeah I saw the bridge. My guess is one of those hunters that parks there in the mornings.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I forgot to post about it last week, but I cut through JWoods on the green trail. At the end, where you ride up and out of that driveway, there were flags to the right. So, it looks like there is going to be a trail out of there instead.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The lower "Norm connector" area is pretty hard to follow, not overgrown/needs to be cut back just hard to see. It's pretty swampy and wet down there also (more than average). A couple larger trees that will need to be cut once you cross the street to the Cedar Lake side.

All that said, there are maybe four of us here that ride the place.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This guy supervised my TM. Then I saw that other nightmare thing.
IMG_6554.JPG
IMG_6555.JPG

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions