Join JORBA, right now!

huffster

I think my renewal is in January. Do you get some sort of notification that its time for renewal?

SSmtbr

Renewed! My membership had expired for a couple months (confused my IMBA and my JORBA expiration dates) :(...I'm back on track now! Now if I can just get my work schedule to stop conflicting with trail-work days...

Zaskar

JORBA has a goal of 500 paying members.

This seems silly low it me.

How many of you ride trails that JORBA makes happen, yet NEVER pay to be a member???

Pay up!

How many members are there currently?

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Frank should looking into a way to have memberships auto-renew.

Solid idea. I joined SMBC (Sedona MTB Club) at their minimum amount to show some love before heading out there to ride. My membership automatically renews every year. It's a nominal amount of money, so I don't mind at all.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i'd recommend against auto renewal - first person that charges back screws everything up....even if they opt in.
there may be other ways - perhaps $5 - $10/month plans? these are more immune to chargeback.

Still think we should find a way to get the paperwork on every mtb that goes out a shop door....

like i mentioned before - i'm sure you've got plenty of ideas, past and present. doubt i'll come up with something new while blueskying here...

MannyL358

i'd recommend against auto renewal - first person that charges back screws everything up....even if they opt in.
there may be other ways - perhaps $5 - $10/month plans? these are more immune to chargeback.

Still think we should find a way to get the paperwork on every mtb that goes out a shop door....

like i mentioned before - i'm sure you've got plenty of ideas, past and present. doubt i'll come up with something new while blueskying here...
I think it's still worth it even if we have to deal with a few charge backs. In my opinion having 10 - 20 memberships fall off the books every month because they forget to renew is much worse.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I think it's still worth it even if we have to deal with a few charge backs. In my opinion having 10 - 20 memberships fall off the books every month because they forget to renew is much worse.

That drives up the cc rates, and i'm guessing the chargeback cost is $30/ea for this level of activity. you could be right that someone would just call and
get a refund cause the timing is bad....there are rules about notification that need to be adhered to... let me check with the expert when she gets home.
probably need to do a quick member survey to see if they would sign up for it. - i could see scenarios where it reduces income where people may upgrade.
ya think the big bike companies would pay for a first year for a kid when they get a new bike....

Anyway, if you ain't signed up for JORBA - do it now!

Top Bottom