Johnny Utah's September Challenge

Johnny Utah

The GF posts times for every rider for all the hill climbs as well as the cumulative chip time it took the rider to complete the route. Should be instantiated enough I'd think.
GF? What about the other rides?

Plus whatever it is, they need to post it.

I am all about having a good time and putting up my personal cash and time to offer an event, but the participants have to work with me. At the end of the day all I gain is smiles and handshakes, as I am not a shop and do not have affiliates. I just ride bikes and eat fatty foods.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
GF? What about the other rides?

Plus whatever it is, they need to post it.

I am all about having a good time and putting up my personal cash and time to offer an event, but the participants have to work with me.

No argument, just offerering him the opportunity to quantify his GF ride.

jpn

Hour road/urban assault ride I call the tour da dover. Lots of hills. On the fat tire big apple monkey. In the dark. 18 out of 20
KIMG0795.jpg
KIMG0796.jpg
KIMG0365.jpeg

Last edited:

jpn

Regarding my earlier post about my century ride - I did the GF route on weds 9/14. Alone. I am way too broke to do the actual event. I do appreciate the nice markings on the road, though coming down the hill into Califon was a little confusing.

Left Randolph A&P parking lot at 8:45, rode to center of mendham and picked up route there. Returned to A&P 5:45; @ hour and a half of stops.

Did the 62 mile route last year on the Tuesday after labor day. Route down through far hills slightly different this year. Went down Lake road with lake on right this year; last year the lake was on left as you went up Lake road.

I can substantiate with the photos, but I don't strava.

I'm in it for the fun, just really glad to have done a century for the first time-now I feel like I can read the snobby road bike magazines and at least have some connection to the roadie culture. Very little connection, but I have done a century on my beloved surly pacer.:)

Frank

Sasquatch
Man, what a crappy ride today. First, my regular shoes and gloves were still wet from Monday's rail trail ride in the downpour, so I used a spare pair of shoes. Little did I know that the cleats were very worn, so i had some issues while in mid-air....luckily no damage. Next I slip on a root, steer into a tree and now my hand is swollen. Next I slide off a skinny and twist my ankle, so my ride was less than normal. https://www.strava.com/activities/719861653

But I get back to the lot and a pretty lady gives me a hug and some great brews.......what an awesome day!!!
IMG_20160921_083442638_HDR.jpg

RobW

Man, what a crappy ride today. First, my regular shoes and gloves were still wet from Monday's rail trail ride in the downpour, so I used a spare pair of shoes. Little did I know that the cleats were very worn, so i had some issues while in mid-air....luckily no damage. Next I slip on a root, steer into a tree and now my hand is swollen. Next I slide off a skinny and twist my ankle, so my ride was less than normal. https://www.strava.com/activities/719861653

But I get back to the lot and a pretty lady gives me a hug and some great brews.......what an awesome day!!!
View attachment 41214
need some help with that?

Top Bottom