Johnny Utahs Bike Change Operation

Johnny Utah

Ah yes, that race day no sleep type of thing; even though I don’t plan on being competitive, truth be told it was a ton of fun prepping the bike last night, it brought back a lot of good memories.

I ended up switching the 28 tooth ring out for a 32 tooth. It looks like there is enough room for a 34, maybe a 36 which was one of my big desires with the Beargrease years Ago.

Also happy I did not switch out to a 5” tire as it looks like rain is on the way.

Johnny Utah

99EE6061-D61B-4A7F-B07C-9ECA8D56F87E.jpeg
FE2FFB7C-26AA-4279-926F-38ACD3419725.jpeg
Moab prep....taking measurements for my new coil overs I am having built prior to Moab for Easter Jeep Safari. They should be on in the next three weeks.

Oh Fatboy, how I love thee. I am shooting for 4500 miles this year and still in line.

Leftymuk

what....no helper spring...did they come from Genright? If not who did you have valve them? spring rates?

Johnny Utah

what....no helper spring...did they come from Genright? If not who did you have valve them? spring rates?
They were built and valved by Accutune Off-road in CA based off the corner weight on each end. They are dual rate coils, a 14” and 16” spring on each shock with different spring weights per axle. These are 2” body with 14” of travel.

The preload is set on these in the lower picture.

Genright does a nice job, but the ones in stock are a “three tunes to choose fit the masses” type of thing. King sets the tunes for Tony to my knowledge, but they can rebuild in house at Genright.

Accutune can build anything from mild to wild, but they have built many of my buddies shocks from daily drivers to KOH rigs.

Leftymuk

sweet......i know Tony quite well and have wheeled with him many times when i lived in AZ......in the process of getting a Wide Open Designs LJ frame to start a new build
i used to run Racerunner before switching to King....the guys at Fodrill tuned my last set

Johnny Utah

sweet......i know Tony quite well and have wheeled with him many times when i lived in AZ......in the process of getting a Wide Open Designs LJ frame to start a new build
i used to run Racerunner before switching to King....the guys at Fodrill tuned my last set
Nice! Post pictures!

I would LOVE to build an LJ!

Tony doesn’t “know” me but my Jeep is used on his website to showcase TJ parts. I am supposed to wheel a day with them at EJS this year.

Leftymuk

cool beans........cbrid01 on youtube....look for collateral damage 1 vid.......thats me in the camo TJ....5.7 4l80 atlas dynatrac trail 60s custom cage and dash

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Dropped the Jeeps off at the shipping agent this am. Spent the week loading everything, prepping, greasing and stocking up on extra parts. Flying into Denver Friday then driving to Moab to meet the Jeeps.

I fully plan on dressing like Alan from the hangover for the flight....because I finally will have minimal chance of running into a customer from work.

I should gain a solid ten pounds next week.....

In addition we just redid my buddies JK steering and added a winch....it’s been a crazy three weeks of wrenching.

Some of the days will be beyond my 19 gallon fuel capacity so I added extra tanks to make up the difference. All packed without driver I am right around 5300lbs. That includes spare front and rear driveshafts, every needed to disassemble/reassemble (for the most part) lots of spare fluids and recovery gear.

If you want to follow the wheeling my Instagram handle is #stretchedtj I will try to go live when I can but cell reception isn’t that great on top of the Mesa.
B3B31375-BA1F-4232-AE10-CF25148482FD.jpeg
8959CABB-6F3B-47E8-AAC5-33EA5C5B79DC.jpeg
9030B6C9-59AB-4143-B82B-DEAD03674E15.jpeg
E1F87EE3-36E4-4CB7-96D2-9E5617AA6866.jpeg

rick81721

Lothar
Dropped the Jeeps off at the shipping agent this am. Spent the week loading everything, prepping, greasing and stocking up on extra parts. Flying into Denver Friday then driving to Moab to meet the Jeeps.

I fully plan on dressing like Alan from the hangover for the flight....because I finally will have minimal chance of running into a customer from work.

I should gain a solid ten pounds next week.....

In addition we just redid my buddies JK steering and added a winch....it’s been a crazy three weeks of wrenching.

Some of the days will be beyond my 19 gallon fuel capacity so I added extra tanks to make up the difference. All packed without driver I am right around 5300lbs. That includes spare front and rear driveshafts, every needed to disassemble/reassemble (for the most part) lots of spare fluids and recovery gear.

If you want to follow the wheeling my Instagram handle is #stretchedtj I will try to go live when I can but cell reception isn’t that great on top of the Mesa.View attachment 92401View attachment 92402View attachment 92403View attachment 92404

Wow shipping vehicles to a location for riding. I imagine a little more pricey than sending a bike??

Top Bottom