JimVreeland: Fat Pursuit: Watch the dot

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Im confused this am. So four guys finished already and Jim is still at mile 57? Assuming he bivi'd...

Is that correct?
Can't have finished, had to have pulled the plug.

The Jim part is either he's sleeping, walking, had a machanical or the spot tracker fell off the bike. I'm pulling for sleeping.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Time lapse of the ice forming in his beard.

What is the real time estimate @fidodie ?

80 total is what i remember him saying when i spoke to him at CR. being old, hard of hearing,
and a little senile, i could be wrong. that is 50 hours moving at 4mph - 30 sleeping (which seem a lot)

Patrick

Staff member
the spot tracker hasn't reported in for a couple hours.
If he kept moving, he'd be another couple hours from the CP.

there are bail out spots along the route. last year the data anomalies were removed a couple times per day.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
So 5 turned back, obviously scratched but yet Neil and Gabe who were in the lead headed back to island park upon reaching #58 so I guess they scratched too.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Im confused this am. So four guys finished already and Jim is still at mile 57? Assuming he bivi'd...

Is that correct?
I feel the same way. That site sucks on smart phones. 4 guys finished? That's fasttttt! 13 hours in the heavya snow and freezing temps? It tookme that long on the road on my road bike in shorts and a jersey to do that many miles.

Patrick

Staff member
JV's tracker hasn't updated in almost 4 hours...waiting for him to show up at the checkpoint.

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
There is still a long way to go, hopefully JV will be recharged and take back positions.

Pampa

If you zoom on his last point and put the terrain view, it looks like he found a spot by the road to bivvy. That was at 4 AM his time! Hopefully he's getting some rest & food, and gets going soon. Must be really hard to get out of the bag and gear up in this cold...

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saw this on FB:

The 200k racers of the 2017 Fat Pursuit have begun their journey. Last night saw the withdrawal of many 200-mile racers as they turned back to Ponds Lodge due to deep cold and high winds. Follow along via Trackleaders. -Kid

oobaa47

So the ones with a finished status with 202.3 miles covered are the ones that turned back to the lodge? It doesn't look like it has updated in hours....

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
JV still not moving?.....I think maybe he dropped the spot unit....which means he is probably way ahead.....this makes sense cause I don't think he would have bivied but rather keep on the move for at least 16 hrs....

Supermoto

JV still not moving?.....I think maybe he dropped the spot unit....which means he is probably way ahead.....this makes sense cause I don't think he would have bivied but rather keep on the move for at least 16 hrs....

Maybe his Spot crapped out, seems like that if it was working is would show a current update time and not 5 hrs ago.

Pampa

Maybe his Spot crapped out, seems like that if it was working is would show a current update time and not 5 hrs ago.

It could be turned off, although not sure why since batteries should last for more than a week. The lower end of the operating temp for the Spot is -22F. Hopefully it didn't get that cold over night...

oobaa47

Their FB page said it was -30 four hours ago, so it must've been even colder over night.....And that doesnt even include the high wind factor which they are reporting!! Inhuman conditions, hope everyone's safe out there.....

Top Bottom