Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Here's the new middle ground sleep system.

I exchanged the 65L bag for the 35L.

- Outdoor Research Bivy
- Big Agnes Foam Pad
- Therm O Rest Pad on top of that
- Big Agnes Crusho UL bag
- Therm O Rest 20 degree liner

20181202_141020.jpg
IMG_20181202_170912_696.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

- Outdoor Research Bivy
- Big Agnes Foam Pad

View attachment 81933View attachment 81934

enjoyed the vid - while there was some negative speak in there, had you already finished @JP's?

every vid i see of JP shows his intensity, and how he recognizes the struggle to finish.
Pursuit is a great name - because finishing is never a given.

does going lightweight clothing in the nj temps/wet compare to being covered in the real cold?

would it make more sense to sleep when it is warm (er, relative) and keep moving in the night? falling asleep at -40 vs -10
sounds like a recipe for not waking up.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor

- Outdoor Research Bivy
- Big Agnes Foam Pad

View attachment 81933View attachment 81934

Good stuff! Hey, I was looking at the photo and was wondering if there is any merit to attaching some fender like material to the rack connector rods (between the rack and seat clamp). Seems like a good place to stow something “camp” related for quick n easy gloved hand access. A possible bonus is keeping a little more of the tire tire spray off of you.

Steve Vai

Good stuff! Hey, I was looking at the photo and was wondering if there is any merit to attaching some fender like material to the rack connector rods (between the rack and seat clamp). Seems like a good place to stow something “camp” related for quick n easy gloved hand access. A possible bonus is keeping a little more of the tire tire spray off of you.

I was thinking about using the space for something but don't really need to at the moment. Maybe run my tube and tools there? I have that stuff on top of my stove in the Anything Bag right now. The other one is my extra layers and shells. The frame bag is empty. I was gonna use that to store my 686 Jacket when it gets warm.

Steve Vai

enjoyed the vid - while there was some negative speak in there, had you already finished @JP's?

every vid i see of JP shows his intensity, and how he recognizes the struggle to finish.
Pursuit is a great name - because finishing is never a given.

does going lightweight clothing in the nj temps/wet compare to being covered in the real cold?

would it make more sense to sleep when it is warm (er, relative) and keep moving in the night? falling asleep at -40 vs -10
sounds like a recipe for not waking up.

This was all filmed before Fat Pursuit.

I run warm and the kits I'm in during my rides are based on that, I don't run light just to adapt. As a reference, that scene on the beach/Sandy Hook Bridge was across about an hour and change. It was in the 20's and I had 3 layers on. On the sand I warmed up enough to strip the shell. On the bike path I had a 20 minute Interval to do and was going hard enough to end up in the short sleeve jersey. Basically as soon as I was back on the Henry Hudson I was in the full kit again.

I'm not sure if it's possible to line up your exhaustion with the warm part of the day. It's very hard to fall asleep because of how amped up you are and there's no sense going through thr motions to lay in the Bivy wide awake.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What’s the deal with JayP’s limo fatbike? Better weight distribution for riding snow? Or just for the gear capacity?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Is that to link the D&R through Trenton?
It is to avoid Trenton, dumps off the tow path a few miles before Trenton. The D&R route through Trenton is crap, even more so if you don’t know which way to go (the canal goes underground in Trenton) and they have this BS way to get to the towpath that parallels the Delaware.

Top Bottom