Jim's training thread

jimvreeland

Shop: Hilltop Bicycles
Shop Keep
20190421_121429.jpg

So besides wanting to torture my son and ride somewhere dry with all this rain, I really wanted to get the Spearfish out to Round Valley. This park showcases this bike's skill set. Efficient enough to drill the long, wide-open climbs and then effortlessly switches into a tech monster during the descents. Very impressive.

pygmypony

View attachment 93488

So besides wanting to torture my son and ride somewhere dry with all this rain, I really wanted to get the Spearfish out to Round Valley. This park showcases this bike's skill set. Efficient enough to drill the long, wide-open climbs and then effortlessly switches into a tech monster during the descents. Very impressive.
i'm definitely adding the spearfish to my new bike search list...how do you think 27.5+ tires & setup would change things up? i'm thinking i'd like the bigger tire for more cush/laziness in the rock gardens of RV & CR.

jimvreeland

Shop: Hilltop Bicycles
Shop Keep
i'm definitely adding the spearfish to my new bike search list...how do you think 27.5+ tires & setup would change things up? i'm thinking i'd like the bigger tire for more cush/laziness in the rock gardens of RV & CR.
I built this bike as a 29er thinking I would immediately swap to a 27.5+ but it rides so well as a 29er that I might not. My complaint with 29ers in my size is slow handling and long wheelbase. This bike has neither. It's not quite as fast steering as a 27.5 but it gets damn close.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser