Going Long and Hard.

The magical life of a product test mule. Pulley seal comparisons.

20180809_111608.jpg

I'm looking for nothing. I just ride the bike, wash it, and swap pulleys after 10 hours. Then I mail everything back and the Engineers look for whatever they're looking for. It's not a performance evaluation like some of the other tests I've done. I actually double these kind of things up by also running stuff on my son's bike...

Hey, I have another 600k next week. I haven't touched my road since the last one. This one is supposed to be brutal, 38k in vert in 380 miles. Like Hillier than Thou 4x in a row kinda riding. Honestly not looking forward to it at all but my new BFF David is pretty excited to murder me in the Jewish Alps for a couple days...

20180804_165814.jpg

We're planning on using the full 60 hour time limit for this one so hopefully it's not terrible. Even at 10mph average you can get 2 full nights of sleep. I'm running a compact with a 34t cassette. There is a pair of flip flops and a bathing suit in my handlebar bag in case shit really goes south.

Was reading up on these rando rides and the distances can get even longer at 1000k (1 million meters). These distances blow my mind and hats off to you! Waiting on the recap.

Back
Top Bottom