Going Long and Hard.

must be using granny gear if it is hanging full length :D

Auction off that eagle dome - will pay for shipping you bike to AK

It's actually longest in the middle of the gear range. In the 50t the derailleur is pulled forward a lot. I run the chain pretty short so the derailleur is tighter.

1x or not is irrelevant. A road double uses a short cage derailleur 99% of the time as do almost all mountain doubles 10-speed and down. It's all about chain wrap. Eagle uses a 10-50 cassette which is a 40t wrap. Long cage. Standard 53/39x11/28 road drivetrain is only a 31t wrap. Short cage. 11-speed XX1 is a 10-42 so that's a 32t wrap. Medium'ish cage. I'm fairly certain an XX1 RD will even work with an XX cage to get even more clearance but I'm not about to test it.
so doesn't matter if my chainring is 34 or 28? good info thanks

20180607_153701.jpg
IMG_20180606_165356_188.jpg
IMG_20180605_215023_369.jpg
20180603_135003.jpg
20180603_153656.jpg

Awesome course!! Went back and forth with some guy named Don. He finally cracked me about 20 miles to go. I missed the last Control and stopped just after and asked some random guy to sign my card. Had no water going over Old Mine and had to back off to not cramp. Finished about 10 minutes back and 15 minutes behind first. We put over an hour into 4th. Was off the bike for less than 10 minutes in 8 hours.

IMG_20180609_173951_704.jpg
Screenshot_20180609-180115.png

Awesome course!! Went back and forth with some guy named Don. He finally cracked me about 20 miles to go. I missed the last Control and stopped just after and asked some random guy to sign my card. Had no water going over Old Mine and had to back off to not cramp. Finished about 10 minutes back and 15 minutes behind first. We put over an hour into 4th. Was off the bike for less than 10 minutes in 8 hours.

View attachment 70294View attachment 70295

That’s beast. Can u share the cue sheet for non gps users like myself. :p

That’s beast. Can u share the cue sheet for non gps users like myself. :p

You can download it on the PA Rando site. They have all the routes and cues posted. I've never used the cues although they would've helped during the last 2 Brevets. The Control I missed this round was just off route so I never saw it. I stopped a mile away because my mileage didn't match my cheat sheet. Was still in the same town but not at the actual spot. Not a big deal because most Controls are optional anywhoo. I'll usually hit a quickie mart as a Control instead of a diner that's listed as an example. It's faster. The traditional Rando folk will sit and order a meal at every Control.

Super fun out there today. The MTBNJ crew always throws a good party. Thanks for bringing veggie burgers!!

IMG_20180616_171303_846.jpg

Next up. The Longest Day. Should be super fun this year with the team we put together. It'll be a taper ride for me as final prep for the NJ600 the following week. We've been working out our workload to make a serious attempt at a sub-10 hour time. With a former RAAM winner as our team captain we'll have a pretty good shot. Everyone has done a half dozen Brevets as prep as well so we're definitely fit enough. There's seriously 100 pages of emails worth of planning so, this. Is. It!!

Super fun out there today. The MTBNJ crew always throws a good party. Thanks for bringing veggie burgers!!

View attachment 70674

Next up. The Longest Day. Should be super fun this year with the team we put together. It'll be a taper ride for me as final prep for the NJ600 the following week. We've been working out our workload to make a serious attempt at a sub-10 hour time. With a former RAAM winner as our team captain we'll have a pretty good shot. Everyone has done a half dozen Brevets as prep as well so we're definitely fit enough. There's seriously 100 pages of emails worth of planning so, this. Is. It!!

Super impressed by your son's ability to eat an ice cream while riding to the start line and still landing on the podium...must be great to be young!

View attachment 70674

Who's your captain?

Here's this year's Longest Day setup. Going pretty light because we'll have 2 support cars leapfrogging us all day. Mike wrote an hour by hour mileage goal sheet with arrival times at planned refuel points. I'm sure it'll go to shit at some point, but until then it will be cool.

20180621_215351.jpg

Back
Top Bottom