Going Long and Hard.

would you consider a dyno hub after this, or would it just weigh more than your current front wheel...

I'd consider it, but it's low on my list. This was just a simple timing error, I wasn't expecting to be in the dark as long as I was and didn't bring my Cateye as a back-up (which I normally do). I'm gonna buy that GoPro/Cateye adapter thing for the NJ600 and run the Light and Motion as back-up instead as it doesn't last as long.

Outstanding effort and in he rain to boot. No cool pics by the nuke plant? You could done a Bart Simpson type entry to the check point.

I kinda figured, but it's official. Scored as a DNF for the PA600. Good thing I'm doing these for training and not RUSA Awards.

"I've checked with RUSA to confirm and, unfortunately, your ride must be scored as a DNF as you did not follow the intended route."

I kinda figured, but it's official. Scored as a DNF for the PA600. Good thing I'm doing these for training and not RUSA Awards.

"I've checked with RUSA to confirm and, unfortunately, your ride must be scored as a DNF as you did not follow the intended route."

Boston 600k then

Screenshot_20180525-181048.png

So this new test has no confidentiality stipulation so I can post pics. A) after replacing all of my Guide brakes, I definitely prefer the Levels. 2 pistons are plenty of brake for me and the lever feel is significantly firmer. B) the new line is smoother and better optimized for internal routing. It's hard to see, but it is...C) not sure what the timeframe is before these hit the streets.

20180526_194440.jpg
20180526_194454.jpg

I haz technology. Like a GoPro. And this ShockWiz thing.

33871303_10216459439180480_5197300552924397568_o.jpg

The Stumpy is pretty dialed now, see videos above for gnar shredding. I've been running the bike as a 29er, which I thought I'd hate, but I don't. It's more fun in some sections as a 29er and more fun in others as a 27.5. I think it descends better in the 29er configuration as the big wagon wheels just run poop over.

Jim, what tires is the boy running on the Chameleon? I still use the stock 2.8 but I think I want to go smaller.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom