Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I want to ride it Jim.

It's ready to ride?

EDIT: Just saw it on the list. This will be box checked in July.

Totally ready. It’s one of my normal training routes Randofied. Now that I have one, I’ll start submitting more. I want a 400k from my house :)

Steve Vai

can someone explain a little bit for the uninitiated amongst us?

It's a Rando route that can be ridden at any time as a RUSA Member. Similar rules to a Brevet but on your own. In the Rando world there are awards for things like riding a 200k every month (R12) or 100k (P12). Super Rando where you do all 4 distances in ACP Events. One of the higher up ones is called a K Hound where you do 10,000k of Brevets or Permanents in a year. With traveling to permanent starting points these can take a lot of time to achieve so most K Hounds will offer Perm Routes close to where they live or work to make it easier to bang them out.

Steve Vai

Since you’ve gone thru the process, can the tow path be used or will it be turned down?

Brandon from Pete's is trying to get a 200k on the canal approved ATM. Mine was submitted a week later and approved already so it might not get approved. One hard part of getting the path approved is having Canal Road follow it so you need a ton of Control points to prove you're actually on the route. Also, I believe routes need to be rideable on a normal road bike by a normal person.

Steve Vai

Spencer, Brandon's route got approved!! I just texted him to see if I can ride it tomorrow.

Screenshot_20180209-081444.png

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So it's a 12spd that fits on a standard Shimano freehub. Got it. I don't like XD anyway, so :thumbsup:.

Top Bottom