Going Long and Hard.

The Kalmyk

Heading down to the in laws yesterday I saw Gil and a couple of folks I didn't know. My guess is they were pre riding the Ron Anderson Special.

They were on 539 which I suggest you find someone to team up with at that section (sketch meter at 10). The more the merry. Cars can clip 65-70mph on that Road.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Came home from a weekend at the shore to a nice care package.

20170820_202955.jpg

Steve Vai

In those pics I'm running an old PowerTap wheelset with Tufo Clincher Tubulars? Holy fuck I don't even remember doing that.

Any old skool peeps remember Clincher Tubulars? Seems like a really good idea that I'm kinda surprised never took off.

The season after this is when I experimented with tubeless, which didn't exist. Didn't get very far before making the jump to Tubulars. Now it would seem tubeless is an obvious way to go. More than likely explains the drop in wheelsets I have to glue per season. In 2012ish I was doing over 100 a season, now it's a dozen or so, and generally the oldskool racers. Weird?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bridgeton is far.
Worth every second of the drive. Probably the only good course in the NJ Cup now that they've all been watered down into grass crits.
Really... I was gonna bag this on in favor of Town Hall the day before, just because of drive time.
Good to know...

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
why the sudden interest in cross? or just the beacon race bringing back that nostalgia feels?

i only have one ride on my tubeless setup (grail/tubeless MXP) and it seems pretty legit. i'm debating on not even gluing tubulars this year...

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was considering Town Hall.
Oh, that's a quandry. Town Hall is GREAT. So was Bridgeton. Only did it the last year of it's existence, but it was a blast. The beach is a lil bit of NECX, the amphitheater is monumentally hard, and ripping on hard-pack sand does all kinds of crazy things to your handling. Plenty of drifting. VS Town Hall, with it's great organization, heart-stopping hill, and subsequent downhill, rollicking course and closeness...
I was gonna bag this on in favor of Town Hall the day before, just because of drive time.
Just do both. It's CX, it's not supposed to make sense.

Steve Vai

why the sudden interest in cross? or just the beacon race bringing back that nostalgia feels?

i only have one ride on my tubeless setup (grail/tubeless MXP) and it seems pretty legit. i'm debating on not even gluing tubulars this year...

For the team. There's no CX leadership in our club so I'm playing more of the Mr Miyagi role than Daniel. And, I just happen to be the fastest Cat1 in the club so the younglings can learn a thing or 3 chasing me around.

Top Bottom