Going Long and Hard.

I folded my vest into my feedbag immediately after the sun came up. Also, I cheated and wore reflective socks and helmet as to keep the fork factor to a minimum.

20170519_103422.jpg

NICA Race #3.

The boy had a rough time Sunday and just squeaked into a top 10. He bonked about halfway through lap 3 and fell from 6th to 10th. He was in 3rd coming through the first lap. We talked about fueling and plans for what we can improve next round but he's doing well considering he's racing in a pretty competitive class.

IMG_20170521_134238_625.jpg

Keeping the trials momentum going and it's starting to pay off. My wheel placement and confidence to hit things to rear wheel without correction hops is coming back. It's a work in progress and has been a ton of fun. Also doesn't seem to be hurting my ability to sit on the bike for a long time either, bonus.

20170523_090321_001.jpg
IMG_20170523_095410_780.jpg

Minor surgery on the Timberjack. Shortened the travel down to 80mm to wake the bike up a little as I've become spoiled riding the trials rig around.

View attachment 52406 View attachment 52407

I'd be remiss if I didn't ask about how it rides now.

A couple of obvious changes (besides travel) lower BB height, functionally steeper headangle and slightly forward body position to name a few off the top of my head.

Last edited:
I'd be remiss if I didn't ask about how it rides now.

A couple of obvious changes (besides travel) lower BB height, functionally steeper headangle and slightly forward body position to name a few off the top of my head.

I've not had an easy time adjusting to the new school geometry of modern mountain bikes. As an ex racer guy I still prefer a low, steep front end, and low BB. I used to run the forks on my 29ers at 60mm using custom internals. I also use the 51mm offset forks for with less trail. Basically my bike feels like a BMX bike.

That looks like a fun place to play.

As a trials place skateparks are actually kinda boring but it's 15 minutes from the shop so I'll probably be there a lot. What I really need to do is get back up into Sourlands and ride this bike where it belongs.

We found a place in Union County that allows bikes.

20170524_182626.jpg

Had a fun evening watching 2 of my co workers huck themselves off of everything in Summit while I hopped around on my back wheel.

Finished putting the new brakes on the TJ and was looking forward to riding this morning but, rain!! Heading to the gazebo with the silly bike instead I guess.

Back
Top Bottom