Going Long and Hard.

Kaleidopete

It's an awesome feeling. Each time we ride I still remember that kid struggling to make a lap of 6-Mile on his little 20" Hotrock. 8 years later and I'm the one struggling to stay on his wheel most of the time.
In the race pictures it looks like he's crusin' along and you're struggling. Ha!:rolleyes:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
IMG_20170304_090231_045.jpg
20170304_085201.jpg

New whip rip. I was in a rush and forgot a tool to make adjustments, duh. Saddle was too high and the chain seated immediately and was slapping the stay. Bike is fast and feels pretty nimble for a bikepacking rig. Or maybe I'm just so used to the Fat Bike that it feels nimble. Will try to bang out some laps at Short Track to dial it in a bit.

20170304_085519.jpg

Steve Vai

MTBNJ Short Track #2. Repeat of last week. This time the boy took the U18 Overall and then crashed in the Sport race and banged up his knee.

IMG_20170305_122549_760.jpg

IMG_20170305_123041_012.jpg

The lower line suited me a lot better and I was able to get to the front early on and stay there. Whatever time the guys chasing got back on me during the climbs I was able to double through the rocks.

Steve Vai

PS-Sorry to any of the Sport racers I may have passed unsafely. Starting the Fat Class behind the Sport race in the snow was not a good idea as seen by the 20 or so of you walking up the first hill.

xc62701

At least you let them know. I had some sketchy passes but they somehow ended up pretty clean. It was my only chance to get through the traffic. In hindsight it should have just been on big mass start and let us go with the fast sport guys. C'est la vie...

Top Bottom