Jeff Lenosky and Giant part ways....

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does this mean you are gonna start riding it?
I ride my Sam's Pants SS Gravel bike all the time.
I think this is Great for Jeff and Great for REEB and great for Beer
31052.jpeg
31049.jpeg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ah the secret was in the after ride drinks the other day.

I am sure Jeff has got this figured out but how do you put on shows at schools when promoted by beer company. Or is the showmanship end of the buisness over.

Anyway good luck with the new venture

qclabrat

BEER IS REEB spelled backwards. Is that better?
REEB is a cool company, always great customer service and all cool guys. I've hung with them at DirtFest many times
REEB seems like a stand up company, I know they made a blunder with a batch of their steel bikes where it was clear coat over metal had spider rusting underneath. They took all the bikes back and refinished them no questions asked. My guess is that Jeff probably has a stake in the company. Good idea getting into the business world if that's his plan.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
REEB seems like a stand up company, I know they made a blunder with a batch of their steel bikes where it was clear coat over metal had spider rusting underneath. They took all the bikes back and refinished them no questions asked. My guess is that Jeff probably has a stake in the company. Good idea getting into the business world if that's his plan.

Jeff can go 100s of places, just like last week, and call for a group ride that draws.
I was hoping that he had news for us, and maybe a couple bikes - damn, we did see a show
of his power, and i hope it serves him well !!!! Next time we'll get hooked up.

Johnny Utah

Jeff can go 100s of places, just like last week, and call for a group ride that draws.
I was hoping that he had news for us, and maybe a couple bikes - damn, we did see a show
of his power, and i hope it serves him well !!!! Next time we'll get hooked up.
A group ride that draws.....who bought bikes after? Jeff is known for his riding style (not Zwift or Strava). Interested to see how this plays out after seeing him for the past 20+ years at the mountain. If he can’t sell the bikes now we know @Mitch rides them so they must be good.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
A group ride that draws.....who bought bikes after? Jeff is known for his riding style (not Zwift or Strava). Interested to see how this plays out after seeing him for the past 20+ years at the mountain. If he can’t sell the bikes now we know @Mitch rides them so they must be good.

so they bought him on because he doesn't have a following?
it was an example of his power, not a show of power.

and yes, a famous person says Try This, and people try it. That is all a small manufacturer can ask.

Sure, if this is what Jeff picked, it has to be worth it, for those who might not demo a bunch of bikes.
that is a stretch - but we've already had people in this thread say they haven't heard of them. so what is that worth already?

Gotta say, when i walk into HB and talk to Jim or DG, or into Halters and chat with jdog, cory or tripp,
and they say Go this way, i ask about 1 question, then go that way.

Jeff says look at this, if HB or Halters picks them up, that means I have to look.

Johnny Utah

so they bought him on because he doesn't have a following?
it was an example of his power, not a show of power.

and yes, a famous person says Try This, and people try it. That is all a small manufacturer can ask.

Sure, if this is what Jeff picked, it has to be worth it, for those who might not demo a bunch of bikes.
that is a stretch - but we've already had people in this thread say they haven't heard of them. so what is that worth already?

Gotta say, when i walk into HB and talk to Jim or DG, or into Halters and chat with jdog, cory or tripp,
and they say Go this way, i ask about 1 question, then go that way.

Jeff says look at this, if HB or Halters picks them up, that means I have to look.
Someone like JEFF is bigger than this site. Sorry. The guy was in several NWD videos and pushed the trends of what real (non basement) riders do on a bike. If they are paying him to bring people to a group ride for this site it is a loss leader for REEB . A name like his brings his years of expirience as well as knowledge gained from a larger company like giant as well as video/social media presence.

Halters is not likely picking up REEB, nor are most NJ shops. It is boutique. They aren’t going to order a meaningful amount of frames/bikes.

This thread.....how many people are on it? I have Jeep threads on social media that have more volume than this site on a daily basis (BIYF Discluded because it is awesome).

JEFF picked....come on. Interested to see what he is riding at Mountain Creek or any other hill for that matter. Yes I looked at Reebs line and no the squish bike won’t meet the demands of his skills.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Halters is not likely picking up REEB, nor are most NJ shops. It is boutique. They aren’t going to order a meaningful amount of frames/bikes.

Well, I believe the reason Reeb picked up Jeff is to help with there campaign to go mainstream. It won't happen over night however 3 years from now Reeb could emerge, just like Santa Cruz and Pivot did.

Also, while Jeff is an awesome, talented rider, he's also a genuinely nice person, I've ridden with him, hung out before and after rides. Honestly, I value his opinion more based on who he is off the bike. With his talent he can make any bike look good, few people have talent and personality. It's for this reason I want Reeb to do well and would be open to the brand.
Yayyy Beer!

Top Bottom