James Vincent Bicycles

JumpinJosh

Didn't see an existing review for James Vincent Bicycles. There are two locations. The first is near my house, actually just around the block in Jersey City Heights, but this store is pretty small with mostly weekend warrior wares, if that. The second locale is in North Bergen and this is a rather good size shop.

The guy working in the JC location, Dave I think, was a very nice guy. I chatted with him some and he let my friend fill his tires with air while waiting. Dave pointed me to the NB location since they had a lot more kit.

In the last couple months, I've bought two bikes from the NB store. My '10 Gary Fisher X-Caliber, which they ordered for me and last weekend I bought a Cannondale CAAD9 5 for riding during the week for fitness. I've dealt with 5 guys in the store in my multiple trips, including, I think the owner.

Everytime I've been in there, they have been friendly and helpful. Not the typical I-know-it-all-and-shall-school-you attitude that you typically get in any boutique shop in the city. Neither was anyone pushy or trying to sell-sell-sell. I appreciate this approach and am much more likely to keep going back to this kind of shop than the other.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Their website.
http://www.jamesvincentbicycles.com/

Great Review,

That NB location looks like it holds a lot of kit options among other things. I'll be sure to stop by there sometime before this weekend!

The Jersey City location is where I go for my wheel work.. Great turn around and the techie there is a friend of an old friend...

I was not happy with the service at all- NB location.
1. For my old bike I needed star nut to be inserted. After 2 rides my fork was not stable- I removed the top cap to find out that the nut was half way out- possible crash was prevented. I've got the tools from my friend and installed another star nut myself. No problems since that.
2. I wanted to get bike. I went there and when I asked if he can make a price match for 1 bike ( I needed to buy 2 bikes for me and my wife). Here is exact answer: "HELL NO!!!! I will sell it anyways!!!!"- I walked out and promised myself I will never go back.
3. My friend needed to get a bike and he called them to find out what they have in stock, gave them the price range, the size and the models he is interested. The shop guy said: "Listen, you come to the store, we will show you what we have and talk things out". My friend explained that he works about 40miles away and he has a chance to go to only 1 store at night, and he needs a bike asap, so if there is a good deal on the bike just tell him and he will be there at night. The shop guy did not disclose any price and insisted: "Yeah, we have something in stock, but you gotta come and see".

Back
Top Bottom