James Pearl Thinks Blogging is Dead

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, this is excellent. So much topic. <3.

On The Tunnel - @seanrunnette yeah we looked for The Bridge but it wasn't available for free, so we went for this, which @jmanic told us was the exact same thing and preferable to The Bridge. @Dominique asked me last night about not recommending it.
The reason I can't recommend it is because, well, the bad guy totally and completely owns everyone. The only reason he got caught at the end was because he wanted to. And he won. Flat out, he won. If this were an exam, he got a 99. The only reason he didn't get a 100 is because he didn't die at the end. To that end, it's dark and somewhat depressing. As for the acting, dialogue, etc etc, it was really good. The girl is great - love her acting in this character. In all, I enjoyed the back & forth and everything about it. And we will watch the 2nd and hopefully 3rd seasons. But make no mistake: 99/100 for the bad guy. Dark & heavy shit.

On The Dishwasher - I used to care how it was loaded. But now I don't give a crap. Here is what I think: You want to come to my house, put ONE SINGLE BOWL in the dishwasher, run it, then put it away? Fine. It's 1 less dish I need to worry about. I typically agree with business end of the cutlery up, because my experience is that business end down does not wash as well. But I also admit that I got lazy and no longer care. I also mix the silverware up because I want to avoid The Spooning Effect. Here is an experiment. Take 6 tablespoons, dip them in the peanut butter, then lick them off. Now slap them all together as a unit and put them in the dishwasher. Do they come out clean? In my dishwasher, no chance. In fact, if I don't pre-soak a single PB spoon, the PB will stay on it.

I can tell that D mostly loaded the one in the pic because of the presence of a wooden spoon. I do not put the good knives nor the wooden spoons into the dishwasher because I was told by a Tibetan Monk this shortens their life. But again, you want to come and load my dishwasher, you can put whatever you want in there. This includes goldfish and car tires for all I care.

On The Zwift - I know I shouldn't entertain you @stb222 but it was raining on & off here yesterday, like every day this summer. Today I went outside because it was sunny all day. Remind me again what STB stands for? Something to do with a skateboard? I honestly can't recall. I assume the 222 was a random number to make a screen name back in the AIM/MySpace days. Does anyone remember ICQ? The sounds is forever embedded into my memory. God I love the Internet:

On The Laundry - We have bike clothes, and non-bike clothes. Bike clothes have different, more expensive detergent and since we separate it, I wash them in cold water. Everything else gets warm water. I will admit that if a rush of towels or sheets makes its way to the basement at once, I will pull them out and throw them to the side. I would call this, The Unimportant Pile. So I will wash other things first, because usually I am doing laundry in the first place because I don't have any clean shorts. The towels and sheets will get hot water. But if it's 1 towel, it goes in with the other warm stuff.

Dry everything normal except bike clothes, which get hung. D folds everything. If it were up to me I am too lazy to do anything with the laundry and I would live out of the laundry basket. The bed tonight when I got upstairs. Note the far corner (read: where my pile goes):

C7F35218-637B-4F55-9B80-2E694D9D84C5.jpeg

On The Toilet Paper - Over the top. There was a military study that showed if you hang it upside down, you're a Communist. But again, if you come to my house, wash that one bowl, and put the TP on backwards, you get the right to choose how it is hung. I abide by this rule as D is apparently unaware of the Communist Theory or there is some sort of Coriolis Effect going on from Canada, as she hangs it underneath. But when she replaces it, I do not change it. She took the effort to replace it, she gets to choose.

On The Bike - As mentioned above, I went outside today. It was nice. That is all. (see more below, Black River Roaster)

On The Podcast - I took some notes this week and I am really going to try to stay a little more on topic. No really. Since we have a guest we should probably let him talk as opposed to going off the rails in minute 1. We're kicking it off early tomorrow as I will be up at 10am. HERE IS MY OFFER TO YOU...if you want to be a guest caller, PM me and I will work out how we can get you on the podcast. You'll be excited about this. But I bet you won't take me up on the offer. If you have my cell number, text me.

On The Black River Roaster - I was out of coffee so I went there this morning after I dropped the kids off. I was pleasantly surprised there is a sitting area and I spent maybe half an hour there today before realizing that it wasn't going to work for my 11am demo, so I went home. I do plan on going back one of these days to work when I have some time to actually dig in to work and not have to be on calls. As I was driving there I was wishing I had the road bike with me. I think part of the problem I am having with road riding right now is that I am bored of the area. Where we are, you're pretty much limited to going north or west. You can go east to Watchung reservation I guess, but there are some purely crappy roads that way. I loved road riding in Austin as it was a totally new adventure. I think maybe I need to start bringing my road bike with me when I venture out. Maybe I'll bring it tomorrow.

On Your Moms - not going there. But props to Jeremy for intentionally f'ing up the Your/You're because Iggy can't ever get it right. Of course, @pooriggy literally posted while I was writing this with the proper usage. @MissJR set his ass straight.

On The Doing Things While Not Training - Finally installed the dropper on the RIP. I decided not to do anything else with the bike other than wash it off. This is the only thing I got done today. But there is a problem I have. The rear Minion on this bike has a sidewall gash and I have a tube in it. But the tread is really still good. So do you replace, or ride it out? I decided to ride it out for now. This will work out fine until it doesn't. On that note, I need to put a tube back in my camelback.

D298DA22-6A3C-498A-8913-5ECAC1153D7F.jpeg

On The PBS Mexico Thing Part 3 - We watched it tonight. I may have bought into the PBS hype (not getting old, not getting old...) but they really did a great job making Mexico sounds both fascinating & diverse. The kids really enjoyed it and it was great learning & family time. The 3-part series is over and I'm looking forward to see what they offer up next month along these lines. I would also love to visit Mexico one day. Add it to my list of 200 places I want to go.

On The Scale - I got on it this morning because I was feeling good and it gave me a shitty number. It's like playing the lottery and losing - not just "not winning" but specifically losing. I was irritated this morning because of this, but I got over it. Having said that, fuck you Mr. Scale. You are my mortal enemy. I will leave it at that. I will fight another day you prick!

JDurk

Dishwasher, laundry and TP discussion. Is it the middle of January? I'm also dealing with a tubed tire on a backup wheel. Going to roll the dice for Thurs night at Belmont.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nope, we are an "everyone does their own laundry" family. Wifey does hers, son does his, I do mine. I keep one laundry basket in my closet, everything goes in it. When it's full, into the wash it goes.

thats how i did my laundry when i lived alone, (ok it was really 2 baskets but wash when full), the wife now says its wastefull to run a partial load and doesnt like seeing the basket sit around that long so she mixes it all together.

p.s. there are sheets, towels, whites, colors, darks, workout wear, and delicates. The dryer protocol also varies with those descriptions.

p.p.s @MurderBort’s workout wear is its own category because ew

this sounds exactly like my wife, "im not touching those, they stink" (that may be her exact wording) i have a separate basket in the basement that the bike gear goes in and when its full it all gets washed. Too much work to sort out the regular clothes tho.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry, we got our signals Cx'ed-
We watched The Bridge, and yeah, really liked it. Either on Netflix or A-Prime.
Edit: I think I recall it was on the Netflix, and maybe you didn't have it, so the Tunnel was the call?

And I remember ICQ.

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Even I remember ICQ. I got my first, Windows 95 PC when I was 7. ICQ, then AIM. Eventually Pidgin and early Trillian which combined all platforms into one. Trillian was excellent.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Wow, this is excellent. So much topic. <3.

On The Tunnel - @seanrunnette yeah we looked for The Bridge but it wasn't available for free, so we went for this, which @jmanic told us was the exact same thing and preferable to The Bridge. @Dominique asked me last night about not recommending it.
The reason I can't recommend it is because, well, the bad guy totally and completely owns everyone. The only reason he got caught at the end was because he wanted to. And he won. Flat out, he won. If this were an exam, he got a 99. The only reason he didn't get a 100 is because he didn't die at the end. To that end, it's dark and somewhat depressing. As for the acting, dialogue, etc etc, it was really good. The girl is great - love her acting in this character. In all, I enjoyed the back & forth and everything about it. And we will watch the 2nd and hopefully 3rd seasons. But make no mistake: 99/100 for the bad guy. Dark & heavy shit.

On The Dishwasher - I used to care how it was loaded. But now I don't give a crap. Here is what I think: You want to come to my house, put ONE SINGLE BOWL in the dishwasher, run it, then put it away? Fine. It's 1 less dish I need to worry about. I typically agree with business end of the cutlery up, because my experience is that business end down does not wash as well. But I also admit that I got lazy and no longer care. I also mix the silverware up because I want to avoid The Spooning Effect. Here is an experiment. Take 6 tablespoons, dip them in the peanut butter, then lick them off. Now slap them all together as a unit and put them in the dishwasher. Do they come out clean? In my dishwasher, no chance. In fact, if I don't pre-soak a single PB spoon, the PB will stay on it.

I can tell that D mostly loaded the one in the pic because of the presence of a wooden spoon. I do not put the good knives nor the wooden spoons into the dishwasher because I was told by a Tibetan Monk this shortens their life. But again, you want to come and load my dishwasher, you can put whatever you want in there. This includes goldfish and car tires for all I care.

On The Zwift - I know I shouldn't entertain you @stb222 but it was raining on & off here yesterday, like every day this summer. Today I went outside because it was sunny all day. Remind me again what STB stands for? Something to do with a skateboard? I honestly can't recall. I assume the 222 was a random number to make a screen name back in the AIM/MySpace days. Does anyone remember ICQ? The sounds is forever embedded into my memory. God I love the Internet:

On The Laundry - We have bike clothes, and non-bike clothes. Bike clothes have different, more expensive detergent and since we separate it, I wash them in cold water. Everything else gets warm water. I will admit that if a rush of towels or sheets makes its way to the basement at once, I will pull them out and throw them to the side. I would call this, The Unimportant Pile. So I will wash other things first, because usually I am doing laundry in the first place because I don't have any clean shorts. The towels and sheets will get hot water. But if it's 1 towel, it goes in with the other warm stuff.

Dry everything normal except bike clothes, which get hung. D folds everything. If it were up to me I am too lazy to do anything with the laundry and I would live out of the laundry basket. The bed tonight when I got upstairs. Note the far corner (read: where my pile goes):

On The Toilet Paper - Over the top. There was a military study that showed if you hang it upside down, you're a Communist. But again, if you come to my house, wash that one bowl, and put the TP on backwards, you get the right to choose how it is hung. I abide by this rule as D is apparently unaware of the Communist Theory or there is some sort of Coriolis Effect going on from Canada, as she hangs it underneath. But when she replaces it, I do not change it. She took the effort to replace it, she gets to choose.

On The Bike - As mentioned above, I went outside today. It was nice. That is all. (see more below, Black River Roaster)

On The Podcast - I took some notes this week and I am really going to try to stay a little more on topic. No really. Since we have a guest we should probably let him talk as opposed to going off the rails in minute 1. We're kicking it off early tomorrow as I will be up at 10am. HERE IS MY OFFER TO YOU...if you want to be a guest caller, PM me and I will work out how we can get you on the podcast. You'll be excited about this. But I bet you won't take me up on the offer. If you have my cell number, text me.

On The Black River Roaster - I was out of coffee so I went there this morning after I dropped the kids off. I was pleasantly surprised there is a sitting area and I spent maybe half an hour there today before realizing that it wasn't going to work for my 11am demo, so I went home. I do plan on going back one of these days to work when I have some time to actually dig in to work and not have to be on calls. As I was driving there I was wishing I had the road bike with me. I think part of the problem I am having with road riding right now is that I am bored of the area. Where we are, you're pretty much limited to going north or west. You can go east to Watchung reservation I guess, but there are some purely crappy roads that way. I loved road riding in Austin as it was a totally new adventure. I think maybe I need to start bringing my road bike with me when I venture out. Maybe I'll bring it tomorrow.

On Your Moms - not going there. But props to Jeremy for intentionally f'ing up the Your/You're because Iggy can't ever get it right. Of course, @pooriggy literally posted while I was writing this with the proper usage. @MissJR set his ass straight.

On The Doing Things While Not Training - Finally installed the dropper on the RIP. I decided not to do anything else with the bike other than wash it off. This is the only thing I got done today. But there is a problem I have. The rear Minion on this bike has a sidewall gash and I have a tube in it. But the tread is really still good. So do you replace, or ride it out? I decided to ride it out for now. This will work out fine until it doesn't. On that note, I need to put a tube back in my camelback.

On The PBS Mexico Thing Part 3 - We watched it tonight. I may have bought into the PBS hype (not getting old, not getting old...) but they really did a great job making Mexico sounds both fascinating & diverse. The kids really enjoyed it and it was great learning & family time. The 3-part series is over and I'm looking forward to see what they offer up next month along these lines. I would also love to visit Mexico one day. Add it to my list of 200 places I want to go.

On The Scale - I got on it this morning because I was feeling good and it gave me a shitty number. It's like playing the lottery and losing - not just "not winning" but specifically losing. I was irritated this morning because of this, but I got over it. Having said that, fuck you Mr. Scale. You are my mortal enemy. I will leave it at that. I will fight another day you prick!

The Zwift jesting has mostly lost its luster and faded much quicker than making fun of SS Rigid 29ers, Fat Bikes and @rick81721 kit and helmet eternal poor selection*. Like the @The Kalmyk once said, it is the other peoples shit category but will likely always baffle me. That being said, riding in the rain can EAD.

STB222 is from my yut, and did start as an aol screenname, circa '98?. Standard Trail Boss, which was a bmx frame that changed my riding 4-ever. 222 was one of the main roads i took when traveling to/from Kutztown/York and it further connected to Allentown. Allentown/Bethlehem area is a BMX mecca so basically 222 was the road to the promise land. As far as I know, this was before it meant Shit the Bed. or Stoke the Bloke or Suffer the Buffer.

222.jpg

*just kidding, that one is always fun, like who can continue to pick the worst looking helmets on the market at the time, it is actually quite impressive.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wash everything together with cold water and everything goes in the dryer together. Then everything goes back into my laundry basket and into the bedroom. I like to live out of the basket for a few days because folding laundry is boring. Once the basket is like half empty and there is a pile of laundry on the floor, I fold the rest and put the dirty stuff in the basket. The trick is to anticipate when I'm about to get shit for having laundry all over the floor, and take care of it just before that happens. I've gotten pretty good at this. I used to pair socks up and lay them flat in the drawer, but I learned the ball method from my wife. I don't find that they stretch out at all.

Shall we discuss toilet paper roll orientation next, or is that it's own thread?

There is nothing to discuss. Toilet paper goes over the top unless you are a savage.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sometimes I wonder how often the your/you're, to/too/two, they're/they're/there, etc. typos are really just phones auto correcting and predicting for us. I mean, I type the wrong words a lot but it's not because I don't know the difference. It's just because I didn't catch the phone changing it on me.

Although I admit the ones I get confused all the time are past and passed. Sigh.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is nothing to discuss. Toilet paper goes over the top unless you are a savage.

LOL. You guys are hilarious. Obviously, you've never had kids or dogs who like to have fun with the toilet paper. It's much easier to unroll a toilet paper when it's over the top.

I imagine cats would do that too? I won't take offense to you calling me a SAVAGE! :)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL. You guys are hilarious. Obviously, you've never had kids or dogs who like to have fun with the toilet paper. It's much easier to unroll a toilet paper when it's over the top.

I imagine cats would do that too? I won't take offense to you calling me a SAVAGE! :)

iv never had a dog unroll the tp, but my wifes cat plays with it on occasion, but he doesnt care which way its on the roll, and neither do i.

jnos

Doesn't show orientation on the bar. This image just shows an orientation that allows for view of the perforations.

This is why all the toilet paper at my moms house has aluminum foil on it. Keeps the cats from shredding it, though most visitors assume it's a concern about aliens.

rick81721

Lothar
I don't understand the heated arguments over this one. I replace the roll and don't care about orientation.

Physics says over or under makes no difference - same rotational force either way. Microbiology says over, under leads to more fecal bacterial contamination as soiled fingers are more likely to contact the wall. In our house, always under because wifey does it that way.

Top Bottom