James Pearl Thinks Blogging is Dead

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here is the link for xc ski trail conditions at the Mountain House, as well as rental info.
https://www.mohonk.com/recreation/winter-activities/

Also @jmanic has stayed at the hotel a lot and hiked the property. J, are crampons needed for icy trails there? I've never winter hiked it.

Thanks for the info Iggy. Looks like there’s no skiing or snowshoeing right now. But they do have crampons for overnight guests available. I’m sure it’ll be fun!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Monday - will just be some sort of normal work day but I'm going to have dinner & coffee with @seanrunnette and not record it. I think sometimes friends need to be friends without it being for the public record. I know people want us to podcast but I think that kind of thing needs to not be forced.

Here is how today actually went:

1. It was some sort of normal work day
2. I had coffee with @seanrunnette
3. I had dinner with @seanrunnette
4. We did not record it

Like I said, it is nice to sit down and BS about life and not have it on the record. We did talk about maybe doing a recording sometime soon, though how soon that is may be a relative thing. Soon in terms of humanity's short attention span? Or soon in the cosmic sense? I don't know the answer to that question.

In addition to the above I rode my bike for 90 minutes, watched almost 2 more episodes of The Wire, and posted the Friday Night Lights blog post. That's in reference to us blowing out of work early Friday and going night skiing at Shawnee. On the travel blog, I'm going to be backfilling the Canada Xmas trip this week, and probably the rest of the week into next week. I don't think the Philly trip warrants a blog post but I guess you never know.

Nothing especially of note on the bike riding front. I probably need to get a little more focused but as long as we still have ski weekends on the horizon I'm going to defer to those 2 things not conflicting.

In other news I am off to Chicago in 2 weeks from tomorrow for a 2 day, 1 night trip. Other than that, nothing of note since last night.

Like I said, no recording from today so I have no pictures of us. So I googled "sean coffee" and this is what came up:

seancoffee.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tuesday - Just whatever work, but we are going to fire up the ST computers and make sure the software is updated. I just ran through my checklist of things and I think we are pretty set on everything. Just need to cross off a few things.

We walking it forward this week. The best laid plans of mice & men...um, couldn't put Humpty together again? Whatever.

Today's recap looks like this:

1. I posted the 2nd day of the Tremblant trip on the travel blog. Not going to link it here because it's repeating what I already wrote back then.
2. Whatever for work. I was on the phone from 2pm to 6pm. Back-to-back-to-back-to-almost-back meetings.
3. I rode my bike from 5-6, during the last call. I had intended to go a little harder but the call came in 2 minutes after I got on.
4. The 2nd hour of the ride I watched The Wire. Great show.
5. Dragged the ST computer boxes upstairs. D plugged them in and we'll see if they need updates.
6. Had a call with Matty about the race. We're on for Sunday but we're making changes to the course.
7. Talked to Kirt and gave him the high-level on the ST course. We're good.
8. Watched more of White Dragon. Not sure about this one. It's kind of going south in terms of logic.
9. Wrote this. Will hit submit.
10. Going to go edit the next Xmas post for the travel blog.

I felt like something was missing today. I don't know how to describe it, just that there is a piece of the puzzle missing to my day. I think it may stem from my hope/expectation that I would get some...thing...I don't know how to explain it...done today. It may also be that I am pretty low on sleep right now, and everything seems more difficult than it should be. I am having a little trouble keeping my focus, especially since late afternoon. It's almost like everything I do is sort of...incomplete? Whatever. I think I need some sleep. I probably need some sleep. Probably I should go to sleep soon.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wednesday - my parents are coming down and we're going to have dinner then go over to see Zac's first playoff game. They're playing a team they beat twice this year. Hopefully they go 3-for-3.

So my parents did show up, and we did have dinner. And we did go to see a basketball game which I will discuss below. My mom made a pork roll casserole, which is a throwback from my childhood. It's basically meat & potatoes. Then she made a chocolate cream pie for dessert. I'm not sure how Zac could eat as much as he did then get dressed and go play basketball. Though I am writing this paragraph before the game. Maybe he ends up vomiting all over the floor. I bet chocolate creamed pork roll potatoes looks great on the hardwood.

Got a solid 8 hours of sleep last night and today I am way better. Hard to function properly when you're too far under the sleep Mendoza Line. I wonder how many people understand what Mendoza Line means.

One of the Short Track computers shit the bed, so we are down to 1 plus a backup. D is going to try to setup the backup so we're back to 2. I'm fearful this throws a monkey wrench into my Saturday idea to go to Belleayre. We have a little time between now and then, so you never know how it's going to go. Just pretty unthrilled about the outside riding potential on Saturday. As far as I can tell, it's like 0. So it'll be another indoor ride on Saturday if we don't go north.

IMG_7304.jpg

You ever have one of those days that's over by 9:00 am? Today was one of those days. When I looked at my day, it ran into a buzzsaw at 11:00 am with work. I needed to get my ride in and shower before then. So D took off for work at 8:30 and before I know it, it's 9:00 am and I'm doing the math and shit, I guess I need to ride RIGHT NOW or else I won't get anything in. So I knocked out a moderately paced hour, watched the next-to-last Wire episode of season 1, showered, and had about 5 minutes to spare before the 11:00.

Then I had an 11:00, 12:30, 1:00, then left to get the kids at 2:30, while I made a call at 2:30, swung by Julia's mom's to get her swim stuff, hit the orthodontist at 3:15, then got home at 3:50 for my 4:00 call. So like I said, game/set/match pretty much done by 9:00 am. Then we did family-cat herding, dinner, cleanup, and then off to the basketball game.

I'm thinking I may try to start riding at 8:00 am as a routine going forward. On the days when we have the kids, it's almost necessary for me to do so and keep some amount of sanity. After 2:30, all bets are off. Even when they have after school [anything], there's always a non-zero chance that I get a call like I did 2 weeks ago that I need to go early and pick up someone from somewhere. Plus I work with people mostly in the CST, so they rarely start the day before 9:30 am. Getting the ride done early makes the rest of my day better, like it did today. Having said that, when you wake up, and WFH, it always seems like you have the whole day to ride so why wake up and ride early?

IMG_7309.jpg

Went to the game and it was a good one, with the end result being a 52-45 win. It was a rough start, which is not abnormal for these kids. But they ran off a 7-0 spurt to go up 15-13 then ran off another 7-2 spurt and before we knew it, the score was 22-15. End of the 3rd quarter, Zac got an elbow in the head from the big kid on the other team, who had been called for an intentional foul earlier in the game. Anyone who follows grade school basketball (or any sport in general) knows that calling an intentional foul is pretty rare in these leagues. Anyway, they took him out, and these days, if there's any chance of a concussion they're going to keep you out. So his day was done at that point. He seems to be fine though, thanks for asking.

IMG_7306.jpg

Kept the other team pretty much at arm's length, and we were up 48-40 with about a minute to go and they scored 2, got a steal, and hit a 3-pointer in a span of 3 seconds and just like that it was 48-45 with just under a minute to go. But the other team just wasn't up to closing that gap, and they made some mistakes and gave up a few easy buckets and we brought it home, 52-45.

IMG_7310.jpg

Next up is the semi-finals, which is going to be Friday through Tuesday. We won't find out for a day or 2 and this could be another influence that spikes my ski day plan for Saturday. Out of our control, so it is what it is.

Tomorrow my boss flies into Newark, takes an Uber here, then we're going to drive to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for a demo. Then we'll grab dinner, drive home, then come back and hang out here with the family. He's then staying the night here and we'll WF(my)H on Friday.

Weather next week looks really...almost...ok, not going to say it. Just gonna leave this here:

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 9.55.31 PM.png

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Boy wonder had 3 concussions. One freshmen 2 sophomore. End of wrestling career.
I told him to stop using the headbutt method ;)

Wait you grew up north of pineyland, Im sure you meant Taylor ham casserole ;)

Yes it's now baseball season ;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok damn, it's been a long time. So last week we left off with me going to Philadelphia. Blog post here:
https://mtbnj.wordpress.com/2019/02/28/the-philadelphia-chop/

The plan the last time we talked was:

Friday - dinner with friends
Saturday - ski Belleayre
Sunday - short track

Wrong, wrong, aaaaaaand wrong.

Friday Zac had his next playoff game, so we ditched dinner and went. It was at Readington, where they had lost by 1 point a few weeks ago. After 1 quarter, they were losing 21-0. No shit, just a good old-fashioned beating behind the woodshed. Well, the beauty of 7th graders is that they are blind to reality. Fast forward to about 1:00 to go. Zac steals the ball while they are in the full court press, passes to his teammate who scores to put them ahead for the first time all game. They end up winning 52-50 and play for the championship tomorrow night.

Saturday we bagged skiing because the day was uncertain, in the end we went to the MPAC at night . This was the first day of our 3-day weekend. Blog post here:
https://mtbnj.wordpress.com/2019/03/06/mohonk-day-0/

Sorry, I don't mean to backload so much content and I don't expect anyone to read all of this, with the exception of @seanrunnette and @jmanic, and D of course.

Sean suggested we watch Spider Man: Into the Spider-Verse tonight. Wow, this was excellent. Ok but before that, Sunday the short track race was canceled. We did pick up from that point and got back to the plan, then went to Mohonk, which I have been calling Mohunk for who knows how long. Mo-HONK HONK. I've written the first draft of those next 2 days and will be posting them in time, tomorrow and the next day. Then the week is over.

I haven't been riding the past few days. Sunday through today have been off the bike. This is because of the weekend, then I had to go back to the oral surgeon yesterday and have some screws drilled into my jawbone to prep to replace those teeth they ripped out. Some were wisdom teeth, one was a molar that joined another tooth I had lost years ago. I am paying for the sins of my college years, when I took shit care of myself. It's never too late but goddamn it, it's painful. This round has not been as brutal at least.

Hoping to ride the next 2 days, then D's parents are here this coming weekend which usually translates to a series of food comas. Not much more planned than that.

I am hoping to ski 4 more times this year. That's right, I said 4. Then I really hope spring shows up in some form. March is always the suck. Full confession in that I feel really aimless right now but the only thing grounding me to any hope is that we can go skiing. Otherwise these weekends are total shit. I don't mind the trainer obviously, but I need to get outside.

Work is a total shit show. I'm going to Chicago next week but after that, we're all on the travel bench through the end of Q1 at least. I have a feeling that travel will be dialed way back going forward, which is a good thing because the trips are getting senseless. But overall, these big orgs are just too slow for me. 2019 will be another year of change on the work front, I am pretty sure. In the meantime, I'm going to try to line up as much enjoyment as I can.

Hang in there, spring is coming. Just don't look out the window.

vlkslvr

Ok damn, it's been a long time.

Sean suggested we watch Spider Man: Into the Spider-Verse tonight. Wow, this was excellent. Ok but before that, Sunday the short track race was canceled. We did pick up from that point and got back to the plan, then went to Mohonk, which I have been calling Mohunk for who knows how long. Mo-HONK HONK. I've written the first draft of those next 2 days and will be posting them in time, tomorrow and the next day. Then the week is over.

Hang in there, spring is coming. Just don't look out the window.

Into the Spider-Verse is definitely worth a watch - I am not much of a marvel movie fan but I found this one to be utterly fantastic. 10/10 would recommend for all people. Unless you don't like pigs, then maybe this movie isn't for you.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
IMG_7425.jpg

The loneliness of the mascot. Mason is one of Zac's teammates, and the little kid on the bench is Mason's younger brother. This is from Thursday night's championship game, which ended up being a loss for the good guys, the home team, the guys in white. This picture sums it up in a sense. So close, able to see, able to have it right there, yet seemingly so far away. Just like the mascot in the picture, Long Hill came up short of the party at the end. They got out hustled by the kids from PIscataway, who simply played harder, made fewer mistakes, and worked their way to the win. Solid season regardless, and it was great to watch these kids through the year. I really hope Zac stays with this game, as he has some serious potential to go with his height. We'll see what the future brings.

So a few more links for the 2 people actually clicking them:
* Day 1: From Reality We Escape
* Day 2: Conclusion of the Great Escape
* The main Mohonk Page

In all, it was a really great experience to check out Mohonk and we are super grateful for the generous wedding gift from @graveyardman67 and his wife. This was definitely a memorable weekend.

My next projects look like this:
* Still need to backfill the last 2 days of the Xmas trip to Canada
* Going to Chicago next week for a 2-day, 1-night work trip. That'll be a single post
* Following those I'll drop the Kentucky trip into the travel blog

We had a demo with the NIH today, and there is some chance that I will go to Bethesda for the on-site there. We also have a huge one in Atlanta but I'm off the hook for this right now. In the end, I don't think either will happen but I'm also realistic that there's a non-zero chance I get roped into going. I pretty much don't want to travel much for work these days, though I enjoy Chicago and I would take the Bethesda trip because I could probably roll that into something fun in the DC area. I have never been a fan of Atlanta.

I got on the trainer for an hour yesterday and 90 minutes today. Yesterday was a hard effort and today was just turning the pedals. I'm watching season 3 of Man in the High Castle and it's ok. I have too much invested to not close it out. I think I started episode 5 today, with another 5 after this. I assumed today that this will need to go to a season 4 to resolve anything and I just checked it out and indeed, season 4 is coming sometime this year.

So after last weekend at Mohonk, and the oral surgeon savagery on Tuesday, I took a few days off the bike and have been trying to get my legs & motivation back in gear. I felt fine today but I was kind of bored. I'm not feeling very good these days, but I think I'm both tired as well as beat up from Tuesday's surgery. And like everyone else, I'm sick of the weather and just worn out. I have 2 Zwift rides lined up for this weekend but I think I need something more intriguing than High Castle to get much more than 90 minutes out of it.

I don't really have much in the way of Short Track insights to share more than what I put on the main thread. What I will say is that I'm really pushing to get away that weekend to go skiing for 2 days, likely up in the Catskills since we have Friday night dinner plans, so we need to be able to drive there Saturday morning. Hoping to rope @2Julianas and @MurderBort into going with us. I think they are game, just need to iron out the details.

On that note, today the 4 of us booked a week in Sedona for next February. But that's too long to wait to see them, so we're going to try to get a ski weekend in before that. In addition to that 16/17th weekend, I'm lining up a ski day on the 24th with me/D plus the boys and Julia if she wants to go, but I'll guess that she elects to stay home with her mom that day. We may do a day trip up to 1 of the Catskill places we have not been that day. Plus we also have twilight passes for Camelback we need to use. And I was hoping to give Zac a day of skiing during the week and letting him skip school 1 day. Need to figure out how that's going to work and I admit that we'll need to really work to make this happen. That would be 5, yes count them FIVE more ski days this year. I'm all-in, because as you all well know, the weather will just turn one day and before you know it, it'll be 60 degrees and biking will actually be possible again.

I'm also trying to get D to think about buying the 19/20 Ikon season pass. As crazy as it might seem, we could probably squeeze out 10 days up in Tremblant next winter if we line things up right and the Ikon pass is unlimited for Tremblant with no blackout dates. I just looked at a 7 day pass for Tremblant and it's $412 US. Add in that we would get 5 days each of Killington/Pico, Sugarbush, and Stratton. If we can get 7 days at Tremblant next winter, this would actually be a pretty solid deal. Ok I may be getting ahead of myself. I've got an essay lined up on the ski thing, but I'll get to it at another time.

I did yoga twice this week. I think I like it.

DST this weekend, which I like. I prefer longer daylight after work. I wonder if we'll be able to think about Mondays at CR again soon.

I know it's Friday night but I'm going to let this one fly. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

The loneliness of the mascot. Mason is one of Zac's teammates, and the little kid on the bench is Mason's younger brother. This is from Thursday night's championship game, which ended up being a loss for the good guys, the home team, the guys in white. This picture sums it up in a sense. So close, able to see, able to have it right there, yet seemingly so far away. Just like the mascot in the picture, Long Hill came up short of the party at the end. They got out hustled by the kids from PIscataway, who simply played harder, made fewer mistakes, and worked their way to the win. Solid season regardless, and it was great to watch these kids through the year. I really hope Zac stays with this game, as he has some serious potential to go with his height. We'll see what the future brings.

So a few more links for the 2 people actually clicking them:
* Day 1: From Reality We Escape
* Day 2: Conclusion of the Great Escape
* The main Mohonk Page

In all, it was a really great experience to check out Mohonk and we are super grateful for the generous wedding gift from @graveyardman67 and his wife. This was definitely a memorable weekend.

My next projects look like this:
* Still need to backfill the last 2 days of the Xmas trip to Canada
* Going to Chicago next week for a 2-day, 1-night work trip. That'll be a single post
* Following those I'll drop the Kentucky trip into the travel blog

We had a demo with the NIH today, and there is some chance that I will go to Bethesda for the on-site there. We also have a huge one in Atlanta but I'm off the hook for this right now. In the end, I don't think either will happen but I'm also realistic that there's a non-zero chance I get roped into going. I pretty much don't want to travel much for work these days, though I enjoy Chicago and I would take the Bethesda trip because I could probably roll that into something fun in the DC area. I have never been a fan of Atlanta.

I got on the trainer for an hour yesterday and 90 minutes today. Yesterday was a hard effort and today was just turning the pedals. I'm watching season 3 of Man in the High Castle and it's ok. I have too much invested to not close it out. I think I started episode 5 today, with another 5 after this. I assumed today that this will need to go to a season 4 to resolve anything and I just checked it out and indeed, season 4 is coming sometime this year.

So after last weekend at Mohonk, and the oral surgeon savagery on Tuesday, I took a few days off the bike and have been trying to get my legs & motivation back in gear. I felt fine today but I was kind of bored. I'm not feeling very good these days, but I think I'm both tired as well as beat up from Tuesday's surgery. And like everyone else, I'm sick of the weather and just worn out. I have 2 Zwift rides lined up for this weekend but I think I need something more intriguing than High Castle to get much more than 90 minutes out of it.

I don't really have much in the way of Short Track insights to share more than what I put on the main thread. What I will say is that I'm really pushing to get away that weekend to go skiing for 2 days, likely up in the Catskills since we have Friday night dinner plans, so we need to be able to drive there Saturday morning. Hoping to rope @2Julianas and @MurderBort into going with us. I think they are game, just need to iron out the details.

On that note, today the 4 of us booked a week in Sedona for next February. But that's too long to wait to see them, so we're going to try to get a ski weekend in before that. In addition to that 16/17th weekend, I'm lining up a ski day on the 24th with me/D plus the boys and Julia if she wants to go, but I'll guess that she elects to stay home with her mom that day. We may do a day trip up to 1 of the Catskill places we have not been that day. Plus we also have twilight passes for Camelback we need to use. And I was hoping to give Zac a day of skiing during the week and letting him skip school 1 day. Need to figure out how that's going to work and I admit that we'll need to really work to make this happen. That would be 5, yes count them FIVE more ski days this year. I'm all-in, because as you all well know, the weather will just turn one day and before you know it, it'll be 60 degrees and biking will actually be possible again.

I'm also trying to get D to think about buying the 19/20 Ikon season pass. As crazy as it might seem, we could probably squeeze out 10 days up in Tremblant next winter if we line things up right and the Ikon pass is unlimited for Tremblant with no blackout dates. I just looked at a 7 day pass for Tremblant and it's $412 US. Add in that we would get 5 days each of Killington/Pico, Sugarbush, and Stratton. If we can get 7 days at Tremblant next winter, this would actually be a pretty solid deal. Ok I may be getting ahead of myself. I've got an essay lined up on the ski thing, but I'll get to it at another time.

I did yoga twice this week. I think I like it.

DST this weekend, which I like. I prefer longer daylight after work. I wonder if we'll be able to think about Mondays at CR again soon.

I know it's Friday night but I'm going to let this one fly. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
OMG that picture of the mascot, so good.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Norm , glad to hear you're enjoying yoga.
I did read in your blog that your knee was bothering you when sitting cross legged. By sitting on a block you may alleviate some discomfort, it also allows the hips to open a bit easier. My knees are not that flexible these days either. I try to roll them out externally when sitting cross legged, this is kinda hard to explain but basically you may be able to find a more comfortable position the more you practice and make modifications. There is a good hurt and bad hurt in yoga, breathing through good hurt is possible as you relax into a pose, you know bad hurt when you feel it, obviously this should be avoided. Namaste;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another Weekend comes to an end. This past weekend we had D's parents in town, as they are going from Canada to Florida for the next few months.

First, a word about Advertising, specifically, targeted advertising. I know some people hate it, but I love it. I want them to send me goods and services that I want to buy. I have this Ikon 19/20 season pass just littering my feeds everywhere, and I'm ok with that. Some other VT & NY ski sales have popped up which I can just ignore. But for me, hey let's be honest, I like to spend money and if someone tells me something that's worth spending money on, I'm interested. I would also note that the ski marketers have put time & money into this, as we seem to have more people in NJ that own ski equipment than own bikes. This seems crazy to me but I guess we don't have money to promote biking.

I have been on an Antibiotics until yesterday, and my stomach has been worse for that. Maybe this is a 'getting older' thing, because very little used to bother me on that front. But up until today, my stomach was none too happy and overall I was retaining water for whatever reason. Feeling a bit better today, not sure what was going on.

Rode the Bike for 2 hours yesterday so I am getting my legs & motivation back to some extent. Last week was a bit tough, so I'm trying to get back on this horse. Watched 5/6/7 of High Castle, with only 3 to go. I think in general each season ends better than it begins.

Watched Moonraker with the kids. Wow this is bad. What I did find interesting is that there is a wealth of information out there regarding the Bond Universe. It's impressive, I'll admit. Read up a little about Bond and Roger Moore himself thinks he is the 4th best actor to every portray Bond. I mean he was pretty terrible in this film and I think he knows he was a bit of a hack, but I guess people just ate it up.

91SDrHpUuAL._SY445_.jpg

Booked a Belleayre weekend with Alex & Mark for next weekend.

belleayre.jpeg

Dinner last night was my favorite curry seafood recipe and then Dessert was chocolate logs. I swear this has nothing to do with why I feel like a bloated moose this week. D's parents made cakes for Zac & Julia, as they both have birthdays coming up (March & April) and they will both be turning 13. So we will be going from 0 to 2 teenagers in the house very soon. As a random side note, I will hit 700 days without a drink this week.

Rode my Bike for 90 minutes this morning while watching Black Hawk Down. I read this book a long time ago and it was really good. This movie is extremely well-done, though I am only 1.5 of 2.5 hours into it. With the time change this morning, we all got a later start and I felt a little guilty riding until noon.

51XB9H1X98L._SY445_.jpg

This afternoon we went to see Captain Marvel with the 5 of us plus D's dad. I thought the movie was solid, worth going to see. And getting the kids out of the house is always a good thing. I enjoy the Marvel Universe and am pretty much all-in with these. Before the movie started, the 2 previews that stood out were Rocketman (which honestly could go either way) and the Spider Man: Far From Home. Release dates of May 31 and July 5 on those.

captain-marvel-brie-larson-1.jpg

@pooriggy - noted on Yoga. The instructor that day did suggest a block and my right knee hurt after a bit. He kept us there for a while, which I think was the problem. I did a beginner session on YouTube with Adriene and it didn't hurt that day as she did not stay in 1 place too long. I think I know what you mean about good versus bad pain, but this is all new so take it for what it's worth. I'd like to keep on with this. We'll see.

Late afternoon I reworked my Trainer TV Setup so that I can now cast my phone to an old huge monitor we had laying around. I have been using Zac's iPad and when he's here, just an iPhone, to watch TV. This is going to raise the video game considerably.

IMG_7432.jpg

Wrote an MTBNJ Blog about the short track promotion issues. I'll post that tomorrow. It's ok, not my best work for sure.

Finished up the Vietnam book I was reading. Vietnam: A View From the Front Lines. Hearing the same stories over and over get rough. This war never gets better to read or watch. Our country should really be ashamed of itself on so many levels for how it acted through this.

Then the Weekend Wrapped Up. Last dinner/dessert, brought Julia home, and geared up for the week. DST in effect, which I am happy about. More post-work daylight is a good thing, I believe. Julia asked me what my week looks like and it's another busy one. Julia has her first swim meet tomorrow, the following 2 days I am in Chicago, Thursday is the usual hectic Thursday, then Friday through Sunday we'll be in the Catskills.

Never a dull moment, I suppose.

thegock

Thought BHD was one of the 28 best movies ever. Saw it twice with my friends Medium and Muscle.

The best book on Vietnam is The Best and the Brightest by David Halberstram. I met him in Vineyard Haven one summer and said something really stupid like "You're my favorite author." He told me to p!$$ off, of course. If u want to try a heavy lift Bernard Fall's The Siege of Dien Bien Phu gives you the context of the French war. Finally, I saw the movie Hearts and Mind in New Haven in 1975 with Stork. Pretty good, but never got any TV play.

Congratulations on the 700 days. My grandfather and aunt were alcoholic and everyone's life would have been better if they abstained. I worry to this day that the Dogtoberfest and glass of rioja I had tonight could be a problem.

IMG_20190310_183046-01.jpeg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
BHD is definitely one of the best war movies I can think of.....The documentary Mark Bowden did (along with his book) were also excellent.

Top Bottom