It's called Candyass because...

goldsbar

I tried riding up Rollie once. ONCE. Anyway, finally tried CA - at least part of it. I started from the "top" and turned around where the trail loops back and almost touches a previous section (right before a steep roll down) as I didn't want to miss the nice flow of the purple reroute descent. Definetely skipped a couple of sections out of fear but they seemed like more guts - that I didn't have - than overall technical ability like lumpy bumpy. Not sure how the trail progreses after that point but I'll find out. Trail was in great shape - obviously been worked on.

The park is in mid-summer drought conditions. Really strange!

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You pedal up this??

I've thought about riding Rollie backwards, but my own answer has always been "why would I want to?"

Yes. Because it's there. The only part I can't get is the hard left (almost 180 deg) and then you have to pop up a little 2 to 3 ft rock face with a bit of crotch near the top.

DanBrodeen

Rode CandyAss for first time Sunday morning. Trail seemed a bit abandoned at first but then became more defined. I'm looking forward to riding it more and getting to know the lines. It was tricky at times with all the leaves. Great trail layout and build!

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bad time of year to ride it. It's not entirely popular and add in the leaves and general lack of people riding. Always good to hit it with a familiar.

bystickel

I rode it today, for the first time, up. It's fantastic. There are 2 or so trees down that need ride-arounds or to be cut. About 1/3 of the way up, it's getting overgrown in a rock section that also has poison ivy at ankle height. There's one rock face, 5'6' and steep after a 90 degree right that's rocky and uphill to begin with. Not sure I could ever get that one. I went on to the end of the purple, turned around and went up Rolly. Really great. Then it was down CA, as its builders intended. What a great ride.

I'd love to know the very best route to tie it all in with Lumpy Bumpy for the ultimate west-side ride. I've only ridden Allamuchy a handful of times and it's such a great time. ANd tell me what I need to do to get that private trail invite. I'm industry...

bystickel

I think I'm going to move up to the Northampton, Ma area, but the riding here is making me question that decision. My folks are here, and I'm using this as base camp for trips up there to figure things out. Most of my shop is packed up and here in NJ.

Now, if I could find a shop and housing located equidistant to Allamuchy, Waywayanda, and Ringwood...

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I think I'm going to move up to the Northampton, Ma area, but the riding here is making me question that decision. My folks are here, and I'm using this as base camp for trips up there to figure things out. Most of my shop is packed up and here in NJ.

Now, if I could find a shop and housing located equidistant to Allamuchy, Waywayanda, and Ringwood...

I'm sure everyone but me knows this, but are you the bike builder? Cuz if you are, I've seen your work. Beautiful!

roc

What kind of shop

Fat Trout

For as much as I have ridden everything else in Allamuchy today was my first time through CA........WOW. That was awesome. It just keeps going. I have not had that much nervous anticipation of what was around the next corner since I rode the Vancouver / Vancouver Island area of BC. A little overgrown in one area with prickers across the trail. I spent 10 min breaking them back while noticing the poison ivy at my feet (oh well). Couple of down trees. Great conditions otherwise....nice and dry. I imagine it would get really interesting if it was wet. A few leaves dropping but nothing crazy yet.

phillychris498

For as much as I have ridden everything else in Allamuchy today was my first time through CA........WOW. That was awesome. It just keeps going. I have not had that much nervous anticipation of what was around the next corner since I rode the Vancouver / Vancouver Island area of BC. A little overgrown in one area with prickers across the trail. I spent 10 min breaking them back while noticing the poison ivy at my feet (oh well). Couple of down trees. Great conditions otherwise....nice and dry. I imagine it would get really interesting if it was wet. A few leaves dropping but nothing crazy yet.
when were you at moochy? maybe I saw you in the parking lot. I was there around 7:15... the conditions were awesome today

Fat Trout

when were you at moochy? maybe I saw you in the parking lot. I was there around 7:15... the conditions were awesome today
I didn't ride until 1:30. Also I'm fortunate to live on North Shore road so I just ride from my driveway to the trail entrance off of Cranberry Ledge usually. Your right, great out there today.....cool, few bugs, minimal leaves and your tires stuck to the rocks like glue!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions