It's called Candyass because...

ryderX

Fuckers. All of you. Can't there be any discussion involvIng Allamuchy that doesn't get derailed into name calling pissing matches.
Fuckers

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fuckers. All of you. Can't there be any discussion involvIng Allamuchy that doesn't get derailed into name calling pissing matches.
Fuckers

That problem has been alleviated. Carry on, cock sucker.

jpn

i don't mean to derail this thread, but...

anybody want to buy a beagle? I was feeling pretty bad about what a horrible person I am, and then I read this lovely thread. Gives me that same warm feeling I get when I wave and smile at a "professional" roadie and they just sneer at me.

pedals

I kid u not---last night while reading this in bed, my 8 yo daughter came in and said, "Look mom! I learned how to make these in school yesterday." There in her hands were 2 sock puppets. It was like something out of a dream.

SmooveP

Rode here yesterday for the first time. Awesome park and trail system, and perfect weather. Where the hell was everyone? Aside from one guy I met in the parking lot, I saw 3 hikers, 1 snake and zero mountain bikers. I was there from about 10 AM til 2:30 and covered about 20 miles. Fun (but spooky).

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode here yesterday for the first time. Awesome park and trail system, and perfect weather. Where the hell was everyone? Aside from one guy I met in the parking lot, I saw 3 hikers, 1 snake and zero mountain bikers. I was there from about 10 AM til 2:30 and covered about 20 miles. Fun (but spooky).

Not unusual I will ride all 3 parks and won't see a soul. Parks are big esp north so you will see more creatures then humans in a ride.

root

Didn't mean to get people all upset, sure I ranted a little about what I think was an unnecessary re-route, but I respect it and the work that all of you do. I have been riding the purple trail there since 2000, and while I can see where you come up with a sustainability argument, in 2012 the trail is still there, and quite rideable, despite not being maintained, so how much was it really necessary to re-route with that thought? I don't know.

Don't know your hardtale reference, maybe its something insider here? I do ride a rigid SS, never had suspension.

As far as your rogue trails statements....the original purple is still open and rideable...to me it is a choice for riders: the easy trail (the new one) or the advanced trail (the old one). As to building rogue trails, I got bashed for posting on mtbr a question a few years ago about people building "secret" trails, guess the trail that I was referring to? Candyass. So I'm with you 100% on people not building their own trails.

Which gets me to the re-route up top on the purple, what is it all about? Can't be sustainability cause that trail is in the same shape now (if not better) than it was in 2000. Is it cause some people don't want a steep climb? I hope not, cause that is what makes Allamuchy great--challenging trails.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I may interject.

The trail is in such great shape because few people have been riding it (the ditch). In most cases trails that run top to bottom straight down the fall line will become erosion bombs. The trail naturally becomes the path of least resistance for water. On steep grades the water picks up high velocities resulting accelerated erosion. As dirt is washed away roots and rocks are further exposed. Hiking and biking will loosen the rocks and expose more soil. Rain, rinse, repeat. The trail rapidly deepens and eventually becomes a mess.

MOST people ride the reroute. In addition several runoff re-routes were installed to redirect the water from the main fall line.

In the end you are climbing the same vertical. Same work either way, different speed. I can probably go straight up at 4 mph or SB at 7 mph. Personally I like turns and going fast.

Rollie going up is just as hard as CA. CA is just longer. I give Rollie 2 super hard spots vs 1 on CA.

Last edited:
Rollie going up is just as hard as CA. CA is just longer. I give Rollie 2 super hard spots vs 1 on CA.
You pedal up this??

I've thought about riding Rollie backwards, but my own answer has always been "why would I want to?"

Attachments

• IMG_0703 rsz.jpg
    IMG_0703 rsz.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 460

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions