It's called Candyass because...

Discussion in 'Allamuchy: North' started by The Old Andy, Dec 4, 2011.

1. The Old Andy

The Old Andy Member

...because y'er a candyass if you can't ride it. (rant begins here) If you're out there making the hard stuff easy, well, it was designed to be difficult. Instead of making the hard stuff easier, maybe you should be honing your skills at Deer Park, and ride Candyass when your skills match the trails. I look forward to the challenge that Candyass provides, and while I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, I enjoy those death-defying drops. Maybe you could make a bailout or go-around instead of changing the line.

Of all the things Candyass needs, raking, scraping, clearing of sticks and downed trees and even marking, the last thing it needs is to be made easier. As someone who knows told me, Candyass is a different kind of riding that you really have to like. I'm just happy when I ride it without dabbing. Flames to follow, I'm sure. Saw a similar sentiment posted about Lumpy Bumpy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  2. Chris26er

Chris26er Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's Team MTBNJ Halter's

What the hell did they do now??

3. mattybfat

mattybfat The White Shadow Team MTBNJ Halter's

So your saying that you cleaned all of candy without a dab, well then that's a feat only a very select few that I know of have. I never have out of shit ton of times over the years...

4. The Old Andy

The Old Andy Member

Twice in two weeks, but never Lumpy Bumpy, which is annoying 'cause the 10-year-old I ride with has!

Doh! Qualifier; never did the skinny, don't even try it 'cause that skill's not in my trick bag, so I stand in shame. But all the ledges and hard ups and anything that involves a rock.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  5. mattybfat

mattybfat The White Shadow Team MTBNJ Halter's

Top to bottom without stopping and no dabs? Very impressive...

6. gtluke

gtluke The Moped Team MTBNJ Halter's

I did a no dab lumpy bumpy my last pass throuhh. That steep climb after the good stuff usually gets me, not last time though.

7. The Old Andy

The Old Andy Member

Thank you. I really hit my stride after six weeks on friend's SS. I am riding better than ever before. Love, love, love the technical. Rollie Pollie has become child's play. I was humbled on Thanksgiving at Fugawe, but that place is a whole 'nother level.

8. aedubber

aedubber New Member

Where did you take those pix from ? Looks like a fun track ..

9. The Old Andy

The Old Andy Member

Candyazzzzzz; first three; second drop off ledge, it's about a 2 foot drop, but it's downhill and it's a real pucker. Second two is a pedal up a small ledge then make a perpendicular left turn down the roll down.

10. pooriggy

pooriggy Well-Known Member Team MTBNJ Halter's

mtbNJ.com > Trail Talk > North Jersey > Allamuchy: North > Candyazz

11. Norm

Norm Mayor McCheese Team MTBNJ Halter's

What is Fugawe?

12. pearl

pearl THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING Team MTBNJ Halter's

I cleaned it on my CX bike, no issues.

13. map111158

map111158 Active Member Team MTBNJ Halter's

Secret trails that no one will tell me where they are.

14. gtluke

gtluke The Moped Team MTBNJ Halter's

I know where they are ;-)

15. xc62701

xc62701 Well-Known Member

Me too and I'm not telling...:popcorn:

16. The Old Andy

The Old Andy Member

Sick technical trails on private property. Tons of work invested by owner. By invite only. He posted on here looking for people to share with, but there was very little interest. Nicest guy you could hope to meet. I know he was looking for people to ride at night. Bring your "A" game. Hope I haven't said too much. Keep it "fight club."

17. crash

crash New Member

It's actually "We're the Hekawi"

Great photos. the mooch has some great "flash" chutes. Too tough for me at times. I would end up, upside down and backwards on one or two or those drops. The I can't reach my bindings in the tree well affect on a powder day.

For wheels up to wheels down non stop action, check this stuff out just a few miles north of candy ass...

Attached Files:

18. The Old Andy

The Old Andy Member

I've seen that done at Ringwood, still clipped in and pedaling! It was hilarious and horrifying at the same time.
    Yummy! I'd like to ride that. Maybe you could show me or tell me where that is?

19. graveyardman67

graveyardman67 Active Member Team MTBNJ Halter's

that's gotta be Splitrock at Waway.

20. Arwen's Mom

Arwen's Mom Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains

OH MAN! wanna try those trails too! How do I get an invite?