IT infrastructure manager

Robson

If anyone needs hands on IT infrastructure manager with experience I'm available. Lost my job due to company reorganisation. I have years of experience in networking( HP and Juniper), virtualization, Voip, exchange and so on. For now I'll be biking a lot:)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
gl! shoot me a resume - i know a guy. no promises.

Mountain Bike Mike

The company I work for - career page... https://www.bnymellon.com/us/en/careers/index.jsp

Poke around..

We have IT Infrastructure positions in Florham Park, Jersey City and Somerset + many other locations all over the US and World (if you wanted to relo)....

If you apply for one of the positions, shoot me the deetz and I will see how I can kick it through the system to the top of the correct pile and get someone to review it...

BigDB67

I am a headhunter. You can always send me a resume to upload to our company database.

I do not work a lot if IT jobs myself, but we have a team that does.

ekuhn

The company I work for - career page... https://www.bnymellon.com/us/en/careers/index.jsp

Poke around..

We have IT Infrastructure positions in Florham Park, Jersey City and Somerset + many other locations all over the US and World (if you wanted to relo)....

If you apply for one of the positions, shoot me the deetz and I will see how I can kick it through the system to the top of the correct pile and get someone to review it...

How come you're not on that page as a "day in the life" profile? Still looking for your red stapler?

Mountain Bike Mike

Looking for a job is full time job by itself...I guess I'm not used to it.

Once you establish your daily routine, you can get it down to a couple 3 -4 hours a day...

- Establish your set list of job search websites, after your initial search (which is the most time consuming), each day, as you check them, you will only review the latest.

- Setting up a report of all the places you applied also take some time to setup, adding to it daily becomes less time consuming

- Establishing contacts at head hunter agencies and reps takes some up front time investment, then after that it's regular check-ins

- The constant modification of the resume and cover letters can be time consuming.

- Following up with all your applications can be quick as these are one liners

- The interview process can be insane depending on the company. Some companies put your through a rigorous interview day or multiple interview sessions. Sometimes they can suck up an entire day or multiple days.

- Scheduling and coordinating times to do interviews is tough, you become "on call"

Keep at it, you'll get something - the market is plentiful with IT infrastructure jobs.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Holy shit, that all sounds so draining. Here is my suggestion. It worked for me:

1. Spend a full day on your LinkedIn page. This includes researching ex-coworkers, people in the industry, etc.
2. Maybe put a pic of yourself looking professional
3. Add that you will do contract work
4. Go ride bike until someone calls you

In this day and age, being a contractor is the way to go. There is little risk for anyone, as the recruiter tries to screen you and then tries to place you. You will need to get a good relationship with the recruiter if/when they call you. This is of monumental importance. I cannot stress how often the recruiter and the companies work very closely together. If the recruiter likes you they will push to get you in and that's a huge hurdle.

Sometimes there is a phone interview involved but I would call that a screening. The beauty of being a contractor is that they hire you with the full knowledge that they can kick your ass out the door if you suck. That brings me to point 5 in my list:

5. Don't suck.

It all works out from there. If you are good they will offer you a job. If you know you are good you won't accept it. You'll let the recruiter know they want to hire you then they may offer to pay you more and try to place you in better positions.

ekuhn

Holy shit, that all sounds so draining. Here is my suggestion. It worked for me:

1. Spend a full day on your LinkedIn page. This includes researching ex-coworkers, people in the industry, etc.

In this day and age, being a contractor is the way to go. There is little risk for anyone, as the recruiter tries to screen you and then tries to place you. You will need to get a good relationship with the recruiter if/when they call you. This is of monumental importance. I cannot stress how often the recruiter and the companies work very closely together. If the recruiter likes you they will push to get you in and that's a huge hurdle.

Sometimes there is a phone interview involved but I would call that a screening. The beauty of being a contractor is that they hire you with the full knowledge that they can kick your ass out the door if you suck. That brings me to point 5 in my list:

5. Don't suck.

It all works out from there. If you are good they will offer you a job. If you know you are good you won't accept it. You'll let the recruiter know they want to hire you then they may offer to pay you more and try to place you in better positions.

@Norm is right. Recruiters are the key. They scour linked in like its the antidote for the plague. Remember that recruiters get paid when they land a candidate, so you need to make it easy for them.

Robson

Thanks for your input guys:)
I do bike a lot now, that's the best part.
I keep applying every day for some jobs I find.
I had one good call today that lasted 40 minutes so I 'm hoping. That is direct hire and looks like perfect match.
Other than that I'm hopeful, eventually something will come up.

Robson

@Norm is right. Recruiters are the key. They scour linked in like its the antidote for the plague. Remember that recruiters get paid when they land a candidate, so you need to make it easy for them.
I agree but you need to find the right one...

Robson

5. Don't suck.

I think I look professional:)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-marek-6b606841?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile

BigDB67

Reach out to former colleagues and ask for a few endorsements.

ALSO, the is a way to add "Advice for Contacting" on your profile. Put your email address there so recruiters can just shoot you an email without using an "InMail" credit. You can even put a phone number there if you want.

An example is at the bottom of my LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-lupus-05a64249

rick81721

Lothar

I agree with this. And this is why recruiters don't contact me.

Top Bottom