Issue after removing rear wheel.

Mathers

What’s up guys.
Last night I decided to try and clean things up on my bike. I removed the rear wheel while doing this.
When I put it back on and ran through the gears my chain and derailleur is hitting the the chainstay in my highest gear. I have no idea how this could happen.
Looking for advice, thanks

qclabrat

having trouble visualizing this, which part of the rear D and if you have a pic, it would be better

Mathers

What’s hitting is the middle jockey wheel and chain.
Not my bike but may give a better idea. The only thing that could fix it would be to adjust the B screw
? 0C8881C1-756B-47F9-BF0C-13A85D0487B3.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
maybe the hanger rotated?
when i look at my tallboy, it would be impossible to replace the wheel if it did, but ymmv.

Mathers

No it’s a pretty new bike.
I just tend to monkey with things and this is how I learn to fix them ‍♂️

Mathers

The b screw is there I was just wasn’t sure if I adjusted it if it would throw things out of whack.
It’s a Sram GX 11 speed. Bike is Stumpjumper.

Mathers

Well I think what may have happened was that the rear hanger moved enough to cause the chain to come in contact with the frame, pulled it a part and lined up the axle with the hanger a little better. All seems okay now.
Will know better in a couple hours after my ride.

Attachments

• A868D562-8447-4B59-9224-26F46BC75895.jpeg
    A868D562-8447-4B59-9224-26F46BC75895.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 5118BE4E-4AE8-4009-AD95-E3B8D736B592.jpeg
    5118BE4E-4AE8-4009-AD95-E3B8D736B592.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 6ED83427-C736-4299-8724-F8B4AA2D4DC5.jpeg
    6ED83427-C736-4299-8724-F8B4AA2D4DC5.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 108

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I think what may have happened was that the rear hanger moved enough to cause the chain to come in contact with the frame, pulled it a part and lined up the axle with the hanger a little better. All seems okay now.
Will know better in a couple hours after my ride.
If this is after "fixing it", your chain is way too long. Is this a 1x or 2x?

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Something does not look right there. If it was fine before removing the wheel, I would doubt it is the chain length.

Mathers

It’s 1x11 gearing and what doesn’t look right, the Derailleur position? There’s no way it could have moved too much I never removed it or anything but the axle and wheel.
I did just ride it 12 miles without issue.

Thanks

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ummm, maybe it’s the internet here in Mexico, but is the bike upside down? If not, how’d you get the beans above the frank? If it’s upside down, I’m even more confused as to why it’s upside down.
However, I have to solution....

Light it on fire, and buy a new bike.

Mathers

Ummm, maybe it’s the internet here in Mexico, but is the bike upside down? If not, how’d you get the beans above the frank? If it’s upside down, I’m even more confused as to why it’s upside down.
However, I have to solution....

Light it on fire, and buy a new bike.
Haha !!!
yeah it’s upside down ,the whole bike is.

Top Bottom