ISO: 27.5 plus tires

qclabrat

a set of Ibis carbon wheels with Hope hubs found their way to my house
now I need some rubbers to see if it's for me
what you got in 3.0 to 2.8 widths? doesn't need to be great
My guess is that I'll end up selling them in the Spring after my experiment or move to the Rallon if it fits

Real happy with Rekons 2.8 front and rear. Bike came with Ikon in the rear, less rolling reistance, but it washed out in the loose stuff way before the front Ikon. Wore out in 3 months, and replaced with Rekon.

@Juggernaut, was it you who told me that the NN plus have a different knob ratio or shape from the 29s? Every NN I've put in the front has scared the crap out of me while pushing around fast turns. Though they are decent as rears. But it's one of the most popular OEM tires, so what do I know :shrug:

In my short lived stint with plus tires. I really liked the WTB trail boss.3.0.

If buying new I wouldn't go more than a 2.8.
I felt there was too much traction and I like to slide around a little.

Last edited:
@Juggernaut, was it you who told me that the NN plus have a different knob ratio or shape from the 29s? Every NN I've put in the front has scared the crap out of me while pushing around fast turns. Though they are decent as rears. But it's one of the most popular OEM tires, so what do I know :shrug:

They look more like a skinny Hodag or Jumbo Jim than the regular NN, the knobs are pretty proud of the casing. That being said... it’s now off the front of my bike for the exact reason you said.

Last edited:
In my short lived stint with plus tires. I really liked the WTB trail boss.3.0.

If buy new I wouldn't go more than a 2.8.
I felt there was too much traction. I like to slide around a little.
I wanted to dislike the WTB because the bike was supposed to be spec’d with a Maxxis 2.8 in the previous year. It has been awesome so far in all ways.

a set of Ibis carbon wheels with Hope hubs found their way to my house
now I need some rubbers to see if it's for me
what you got in 3.0 to 2.8 widths? doesn't need to be great
My guess is that I'll end up selling them in the Spring after my experiment or move to the Rallon if it fits

I have a set of Rekon / Ikons that came mounted on the wheels now on the RSD. Been trying to get rid of these but no buyers. One might need a patch. The other one is ok. Can pretty much have them if you want.

I wanted to dislike the WTB because the bike was supposed to be spec’d with a Maxxis 2.8 in the previous year. It has been awesome so far in all ways.

which rims are they on?

I have a set of Rekon / Ikons that came mounted on the wheels now on the RSD. Been trying to get rid of these but no buyers. One might need a patch. The other one is ok. Can pretty much have them if you want.

I can pay in beer:D

Assuming the Maxxtera?
Only if you’re gonna run it as low pressure as possible to take advantage of the 120 TPI. If you’re going to run your regular pressure minus a couple PSI, just get whichever you can get a better deal on.

2c.

Back
Top Bottom