Is this reasonable tech? RV/Cush connector

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I finally rode this thing today, here are some notes:
  1. Henceforth this route shall be known as Pat's Return. If you go the other way, you did "Pat's Return, backwards."
  2. I did a full out and back today, so I hit this at about the 1:50 mark. In the literary world, we call that foreshadowing
  3. My verdict would be to leave it as-is
  4. I think it would be acceptable to provide a go-around to the entire thing
  5. I think time would be far better spent fixing the trail that leads up to this. In true RV style, it is brutal. But unlike the rest of RV, it is 4-6" wide. It could use a proper trail build with some grade reversals in there. This way, you wouldn't get to the top feeling like you had been violated in numerous ways
  6. The entrance to this "section" really is a filter that weeds you out. This is a hard intro to the section and is probably just as hard as anything in there. This goes with point #4 in that if you can't get over this, you should go around. This has a name but I cannot remember what it is.
  7. I don't think it's especially crazy other than if you tip over you can grind your ankles into shards of broken bone and sinews. Don't ask me how I know this. See point #2 above
  8. Having said the above I think with a little bit of work this could be the most interesting thing in this park
Other things of note:
  • When you ride this full park in both directions you end up with a lot of time to think. I named every area today, but forgot some of them
  • I think that shitty washed out straight shot should be called the BSA Boulevard
  • Someone named the segment that I cleared out in Cushetunk "Not the Norm" on Strava, which is very nice
  • I think we need a reroute at the road crossing by the phone booth. Wow it's messy there, both sides.
  • Of course Puke Hill and Puke Hill Backside would need to remain. Though the backside could be nominated for a new name (e.g. Vomitous Vertical).
  • Switchbacks still need work.
  • Below Pat's Return would just be the Stone Wall Stretch, this is where the long-forgotten Troll Bridge used to be
  • I had 2 other names for things that were along the lines of Erosion of Morale and Prelude to Destruction but I am not sure those were it. In one particularly difficult segment I decided it should be named Son of Sniglet which is an expression from my childhood. I do not remember what section and I do not remember what part of my childhood. I think I also used Loss of Dignity in there today.
  • I realize these trail names do not make you want to go ride the park. I am nothing if not a realist.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
im late but thanks for the video, looks hella dope

that isn't the tech i'm talking about - i can actually ride that section. i haven't converted the iphone vid to something i can use -
although the gopro came out ok.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
that isn't the tech i'm talking about - i can actually ride that section. i haven't converted the iphone vid to something i can use -
although the gopro came out ok.
Takes a few min to trim it and upload to YouTube, do it!

Patrick

Staff member
OK - here is a the section of the ridge in Cush, blazed red, labeled white on the map (i'll check for an updated map)
it is not the tech i'm talking about in this thread.

a little comedy to start your day. and just a tease of why I Love This Section!

the tree trunk has to go....sorry, it is just at the wrong place.

So the log at the start of this section (which i fell over) is gone.
Cleaned the whole section on the little group ride the other day.
You can see down it at the 0:24 mark -

or looking up from yesterday's ride
1573051699608.png

Patrick

Staff member
With all the hiking, this trail is now compacted and obvious.
I once again fell down, and dab'd the entrance to the pic above,
but did manage to ride the rest. except that last roll off - i got scared again!
didn't think i would after last successful roll-off.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions