Is this a bad sign for cycling?

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
What’s the brand that you want??

Not in the market for a bike right now, but I like DW-Link bikes, so that narrows things down to Turner, Pivot, and Ibis. He has another interesting design out there right now called Orion, but only a new company called Esker incorporates that design. The frames look nice, but there is little information out there on the bike right now, and ultimately I'd need to demo one. I’ve been there and done that with single-pivot and Horst-Link, and find DW to bring the best ride feel. Giants Maestro is good, but the small-bump sensitivity isn't as nice as a good DW frame, although I think that Giant has the best bang for the buck out there. Santa-Cruz feels nice (Bronson), but doesn’t feel as bottomless. Only downside to DW is setup is crucial, they can ride like shit if not setup properly, but once dialed is magic carpet.

Demoed a Ripmo at JORBA fest, but that demo loop straight-up sucks, and the 2.6 tires really mute the feel, so I’d need to give a more thorough thrashing for a fair assessment, with different tires. Next year I'm just taking the bike for an hour. I also think that Ibis is on crack with what they charge, they’re competing with Yeti for the most expensive imported frame.

Reactions: don
Top Bottom