Is it a fad, a group or a club? It's OOS, the thread to rule them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Ah come on guys without the sh*t we would never have some of the most classic posts. Just think this as our" ride of the Valkyries",our Gotterdammerung.
Easy solution. Official thread with the ride dates. Recap (OOS post away?) thread with all of the shit talking and whatever else.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Have yous considered an email group? Email in advanced when a ride is happening. Seems to work fine for a road group in my area and people don’t comment and shit all over it like they do in a forum.

You can have a secondary locked (only the blessed can update) forum sticky with the dates and as others have mentioned, get it on the whats happening this weekend thread.
you forget that these guys enjoy sifting through the shit
I claimed I knew what was special about OOS so allow me to elaborate on that a little bit here and offer some opinions and take it for FWIW.

The thread is pretty important. Firstly, even if the discussion gets derailed, there are some information in there where if you were hesitant about joining the ride, there are some details that could provide some answers for them. The thread is also important because it provide a pretty good illustration of how much fun we have and the comradery we have built. The Seinfeldian aspects of it makes it easy for anyone to just jump-in in the convo and feel like they are already part of the group.

The next part of my OP-ED will touch upon a txt from @fidodie I haven't answered (I know he is not well and didn't want to interrupt his sleep) and also it was something I dread talking about. I don't want to take credit away from others, but its about Max. I didn't want to say anything to stroke his ego. lol For all the things he lacks (there are many) but what he provides is ,what I believe pretty central in all this, he keeps the conversation flowing. He has that crude charm that makes him very approachable. I can tell you that, for better or for worse, Max is a topic on almost every OOS ride. I am not saying OOS would not be fun without him, but he does contribute quite a bit just by his presence. I was hesitant and still am, about Max joining on some of the more serious convo, not because he cant, but more so because I didn't want him to lose this aspect about him. But that is not my place to say one way or the other.

You are now welcomed to flame on anything I have said but please.... add some humor. Its too early in the morning.

qclabrat

I claimed I knew what was special about OOS so allow me to elaborate on that a little bit here and offer some opinions and take it for FWIW.

The thread is pretty important. Firstly, even if the discussion gets derailed, there are some information in there where if you were hesitant about joining the ride, there are some details that could provide some answers for them. The thread is also important because it provide a pretty good illustration of how much fun we have and the comradery we have built. The Seinfeldian aspects of it makes it easy for anyone to just jump-in in the convo and feel like they are already part of the group.

The next part of my OP-ED will touch upon a txt from @fidodie I haven't answered (I know he is not well and didn't want to interrupt his sleep) and also it was something I dread talking about. I don't want to take credit away from others, but its about Max. I didn't want to say anything to stroke his ego. lol For all the things he lacks (there are many) but what he provides is ,what I believe pretty central in all this, he keeps the conversation flowing. He has that crude charm that makes him very approachable. I can tell you that, for better or for worse, Max is a topic on almost every OOS ride. I am not saying OOS would not be fun without him, but he does contribute quite a bit just by his presence. I was hesitant and still am, about Max joining on some of the more serious convo, not because he cant, but more so because I didn't want him to lose this aspect about him. But that is not my place to say one way or the other.

You are now welcomed to flame on anything I have said but please.... add some humor. Its too early in the morning.

Then do you have concerns with Max running this?

@Miracle Max Loves Garbage if you agree to accept the assignment with Paul's agreement, there's plenty of good suggestions on how to proceed and enough helping hands. Just need you to lay it out so we can move on. Can you put something together by tonight and give the OOS community 2 days to comment then finalize by the weekend?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Then do you have concerns with Max running this?

@Miracle Max Loves Garbage if you agree to accept the assignment with Paul's agreement, there's plenty of good suggestions on how to proceed and enough helping hands. Just need you to lay it out so we can move on. Can you put something together by tonight and give the OOS community 2 days to comment then finalize by the weekend?
I have said it earlier... I would not have transferred ownership of strava to Max if I didn't support it.

EDIT: Do I have concerns? Fuck yeah! Its Max we are talking about here! lol
Nonetheless.... I am still in favor of it.

BPaze

I have always said Max is the groups baby brother, he is a goofy pain in the arse, but anyone that knows him knows that there is no one more reliable when you need something. He is always a good sport and keeps a positive outlook at all times.

As far as this thread a lot has been said and I have no idea and am completely lost so next time I can meet up for a ride I need you guys to fill me in. Work has been a beast lately so not online or riding as much but hoping that eases up soon with the recent hires we brought in.

I do want to thank you @Paul H for all of your contributions, I know you have been stressed but I am not sure how to help best.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
@qclabrat we can continue the conversation here but I can't commit to being very active this is my busy week and I haven't done shit the past two days so I need to put my head down today.

If there are any reservations about what I'm doing by anyone please speak up!

what I'm doing
Ive made a hand full of riders admin on strava. if they see I ride in the big thread they've been asked to post it. I would appreciate it if anyone who isn't an admin and wants a ride posted please tag me or almost anyone else as they are most likely an admin.

If you want to be an admin just ask if you've been active and come out to rides or have been a guide to our rides and enjoy our company and just want to post rides to let us know when we can join you I would be more than happy to make this happen.

I've made a lot of friends here hell I might name my next son @Norm so I can put norm in time out.

Mare

Firstly, even if the discussion gets derailed, there are some information in there where if you were hesitant about joining the ride, there are some details that could provide some answers for them. The thread is also important because it provide a pretty good illustration of how much fun we have and the comradery we have built. The Seinfeldian aspects of it makes it easy for anyone to just jump-in in the convo and feel like they are already part of the group.

I like the Seinfeldism. Nice way to summarize the mayhem. Granted, I was initially annoyed when I tried to find something in the thread and wanted to punch some of you (no one in particular...just seems like a good solution). However, I learned I can just admit that I have no clue and ask questions about whatever, answers obvious or not. So now I have replaced punching with hugging and my therapist is pleased with my progress.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I like the Seinfeldism. Nice way to summarize the mayhem. Granted, I was initially annoyed when I tried to find something in the thread and wanted to punch some of you (no one in particular...just seems like a good solution). However, I learned I can just admit that I have no clue and ask questions about whatever, answers obvious or not. So now I have replaced punching with hugging and my therapist is pleased with my progress.
Strava was the solution for this aspect.
Now whether it caused side affects that was not intended... that's debatable.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Questions ppl may have that I can think of that you need to address

1. previously scheduled rides, are they happening or not?
2. will there be calendared scheduled rides
3. who are the admins

Per @Paul H

1 those rides are gone unless someone still wants to hope Burk will lol.
2 no calendar unless it's needed we will wait and see
3 admins... Check the strava ?

qclabrat

I have said it earlier... I would not have transferred ownership of strava to Max if I didn't support it.

EDIT: Do I have concerns? Fuck yeah! Its Max we are talking about here! lol
Nonetheless.... I am still in favor of it.
if you want Max to succeed, he'll still need your help, just remember you've given him the keys

@qclabrat we can continue the conversation here but I can't commit to being very active this is my busy week and I haven't done shit the past two days so I need to put my head down today.

If there are any reservations about what I'm doing by anyone please speak up!

what I'm doing
Ive made a hand full of riders admin on strava. if they see I ride in the big thread they've been asked to post it. I would appreciate it if anyone who isn't an admin and wants a ride posted please tag me or almost anyone else as they are most likely an admin.

If you want to be an admin just ask if you've been active and come out to rides or have been a guide to our rides and enjoy our company and just want to post rides to let us know when we can join you I would be more than happy to make this happen.

I've made a lot of friends here hell I might name my next son @Norm so I can put norm in time out.

You need a back up/lieutenant to take over for your busy weeks, if they are reoccurring, I'm sure there's more than one will to help out.

Per @Paul H

1 those rides are gone unless someone still wants to hope Burk will lol.
2 no calendar unless it's needed we will wait and see
3 admins... Check the strava ?

1) Where you able to announce the cancelled rides and those designated to lead? Don't think most are following this thread
2) Are we using the same OOS thread to discuss rides?
3) got it, kill all OOS ride thread and use Strava exclusively

ALL, keep the feedback coming, Max has laid out his plan briefly
I'll try to keep track of what's been decided since I'm all caught up and feel the discussion is going in the right direction at 10:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom