Is it a fad, a group or a club? It's OOS, the thread to rule them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qclabrat

No schedule thread

Yes strava

The BS thread is where rides will get made and then they will be posted for visibility in strava.

Strava will be maintained by a group of people not yet selected with the attitude of if you see it post it. Also if you want a ride posted tag an admin if they weren't part of your convo.

No ride leaders but if someone knows a guide or wants to guide feel free, we ride parks not guides

This is more playdough than concrete, changes will happen on the fly all input is welcomed positive or negative. Even @Paul H's

Fyi
@BPaze
@qclabrat
Can I close my thread?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Write it up in Italian or your native language if different. I'd love to Google translate it. I do it for forums in Chinese, and my wife, who is a native speaker, tells me I sound like moron on WeChat....

that's funny - my wife tells me the same thing, and in only 1 language.

qclabrat

I pretty much just read to see what entertaining things Paul and Max say to each other. One day they're either gonna fight or make out. Either way...
ST#2 is going to be an epic showdown
Wasn't planning to go, but it should be good

1TrackMind

I would be pissed but you clearly wasted so much time reading this thread to shit post. Feels bad man
It would still be fun for you join in on one of these. Your attempts at humorous sarcasm would fit right in. Is this thread a major freaking train wreck? Yeah it is. Should this discussion have lasted this long ? Hell no ! But the rides have never been that way. I've had a better time riding with them than most groups rides I've been on. So yeah...give it try. Then feel free to comment...
i have no doubt it’s a good group who would be a lot of fun, look forward to when the OSS comes to a trail near me or does a fight club ride (about all my schedule allows for). I’ll keep eyes peeled for the schedule on what ever forum it lands on

qclabrat

i have no doubt it’s a good group who would be a lot of fun, look forward to when the OSS comes to a trail near me or does a fight club ride (about all my schedule allows for). I’ll keep eyes peeled for the schedule on what ever forum it lands on
Your bios says your home park is High Mt? that's like the OOS home base
My favorite trail is Jack's, what's yours

1TrackMind

Your bios says your home park is High Mt? that's like the OOS home base
My favorite trail is Jack's, what's yours
A toss up between hawk and ancients, I since moved next to RV, but I definitely felt fortunate to have HM within riding distance when I started riding

qclabrat

A toss up between hawk and ancients, I since moved next to RV, but I definitely felt fortunate to have HM within riding distance when I started riding
not a terrible move, RV can be ridden all year long, just need some studs with the ice
You're also right near Nassau, my favorite flow park in NJ
Yeah I love Ancients also, Hm is completely underappreciated park

qclabrat

just got home after a long day in the city and all caught up here

- Norm is spot on about a single person in charge, shared accountability is more work than you'd think
- Paul knows like I do, it's pretty time consuming and can burn you out just trying to organize rides each week
- Glad to see lots willing to help from the core OOS and appreciative of the support from Pat and Mare
- Max, this is a yours if you want it, just know its a part time job and you have a responsibility till you delegate it someone
- Paul, hard to do, but once you hand off the role, you have to let them do it their way

If everyone agrees to let Max take the lead, we need the kill these extra threads.
I suggest an April 1st cut over to coincide with the end of ST and hopefully warmer weather and drier trails.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I have said to myself that I would stay away from this thread but I cant seem to keep away lol

But anyways... do I want to "run" this? No... don't want the day to day... at least not now. @ridgehog said I needed a vacation and he is right. Do I have ideas of what this should be on the long term? Yes. Do I want to be part of that long term solution? Yes. I have had conversations with couple of ppl here regarding my intent and when (vaguely) I want to get involved again and since most don't know... I have stepped away and I intend on doing that for a bit. Whether, I am wanted or needed at a later pt, I know that is not up to me but I am ok with that. I have also spoken to Max about this and I fully support Max taking over and to keep this afloat otherwise, I would not have transferred strava ownership to him.

The lack of consensus frustrates me. It seems like not everyone here knows what's going on. My intent here was to get that consensus because without it.... I feel that there will be complaints. Not criticisms.... just flat out complaints.

I think there is a difference between being involved and being a part of it. Not sure if this makes any sense or not... but I will digress for now. I should have known better to try to force help where it is not wanted.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Have yous considered an email group? Email in advanced when a ride is happening. Seems to work fine for a road group in my area and people don’t comment and shit all over it like they do in a forum.

You can have a secondary locked (only the blessed can update) forum sticky with the dates and as others have mentioned, get it on the whats happening this weekend thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom