Here is my photo dump of the event
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rxd37GHo45BviuM38

Utah flatted, look ashamed.
Iron2019_07.jpg

Nice race!
Iron2019_22.jpg

Some winners
Iron2019_45.jpg

Thanks to all for supporting Black Bear Cycling and the Iron Furnace 50/25K today. We really appreciate the fact that you come out to Wayway and spend the day with us ?

Turned out to be a beautiful day. The recent rains created some slippery conditions. But I think a good time was had by all!!

Huge thanks to the volunteers and the spectators!

Thanks to all for supporting Black Bear Cycling and the Iron Furnace 50/25K today. We really appreciate the fact that you come out to Wayway and spend the day with us ?

Turned out to be a beautiful day. The recent rains created some slippery conditions. But I think a good time was had by all!!

Huge thanks to the volunteers and the spectators!

Thanks for putting on a great race!

From the perspective of a “newbie” to racing, everything was laid out and organized really well. Parking, registration, where to go and when, course markings, it was all easy to figure out.

The race itself...not so easy. On paper 25k didnt seem that long, basically the length of a good weekend ride, but boy does it feel different going nonstop and trying to maintain a pace.

The course was great. Ive never been to this park, but really enjoyed the mix of rocky tech.

Hoping to return for the longer Bearscat in September.

Thanks for putting on a great race!

From the perspective of a “newbie” to racing, everything was laid out and organized really well. Parking, registration, where to go and when, course markings, it was all easy to figure out.

The race itself...not so easy. On paper 25k didnt seem that long, basically the length of a good weekend ride, but boy does it feel different going nonstop and trying to maintain a pace.

The course was great. Ive never been to this park, but really enjoyed the mix of rocky tech.

Hoping to return for the longer Bearscat in September.

If you liked the Iron Furnace you will love Bearscat. Killer BBQ :)

yes yes yes, the BS 50 is on my calendar fer sure
Yes the BearScat 50 is awesome! The Erie 80K is another badass race in October that must be on everyone's racing bucket list! I'm still trying to decide which one is more painful. The BearScat is more technical but the Erie 80K has more, longer climbs and is more flowy in sections. The trails at the Erie 80K are sweet and the guys up there always do a great job building and maintaining them. And Port Jervis has a great vibe to it.

I had a great time. Well until the last 1/2 hour or so when the legs lost any remaining snap. I think the rooty sections might have been harder on my back than the rocks. I definitely need to learn how to be more effecient in this terrain. Thanks for putting together a great course.

Yes the BearScat 50 is awesome! The Erie 80K is another badass race in October that must be on everyone's racing bucket list! I'm still trying to decide which one is more painful. The BearScat is more technical but the Erie 80K has more, longer climbs and is more flowy in sections. The trails at the Erie 80K are sweet and the guys up there always do a great job building and maintaining them. And Port Jervis has a great vibe to it.

With some great late season MTB & Gravel options available maybe I'll reduce last years 3 Cx races to 0 :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom