Iron Furnace 50K/25K

onetracker

Just under a week to go! We have been hitting the trails hard with TM for 2 months. The course is awesome!

Date: 5/4/19

Bikereg:
https://www.bikereg.com/ironfurnace5025k

The Iron Furnace 50K/25K is an early season endurance race held in Wawayanda State Park, in Hewitt NJ which will offer technical challenges, beautiful hemlock forests and scenic wetland areas. This race will offer enjoyable sections of elevation gain and loss while remaining an early season tune up for those athletes looking to bank some miles as an early investment geared at some later season gains. Please join us for a grassroots event which will promote fun, healthy competition and a day in the woods that you will not soon forget. Race course is the same as last year, gps file at blackbearcycling.com. 25K option is offered to sport riders and advanced beginners as a way to expose racers who want to get some experience racing endurance.

Classes: 50K Open Men, 50K Open Women, 50K 45+, 50K Singlespeed. 25K Sport Men, 25K Sport Women, 25K Beginner Men and 25K Beginner Women. Equal payout for 50K Open Men and 50K Open Women top 3; prizes and medals for all other classes.

Come on out and have some fun!!

pkovo

The description says it's a mix of fireroad/doubletrack/singletrack. Can anyone provide a ballpark of the percentages of each? Is it mostly singletrack?

Considering trying the 25k, but have never run the course, or the park for that matter. Thanks.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This event is awesome. I wish I could do it again this year, but KIDS stuff are in the way. Hopefully next year, it'll all work out.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
The description says it's a mix of fireroad/doubletrack/singletrack. Can anyone provide a ballpark of the percentages of each? Is it mostly singletrack?

Considering trying the 25k, but have never run the course, or the park for that matter. Thanks.
Probably like 70-75% singletrack. It’s very rocky tech and not an “easy” course by any means.

DownhillR3

Does anyone know if the gate into the State Park on the beach lot side will be open from the Highland Lakes? Would be nice to save 20min. off my commute. :)

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone know if the gate into the State Park on the beach lot side will be open from the Highland Lakes? Would be nice to save 20min. off my commute. :)

Just ride your bike over and the gate won't be a problem :p

Top Bottom