Intervention

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I just bought my first Fattie three weeks ago for $720. It’s a rigid Fuji Wendigo 2.1 with 5” tires. The bike is a beast that I’ve gotten down to 34 lbs with a few simple mods. (see post here).

It was a complete impulse buy. The first time I saw a fat bike on a trail I actually thought to myself, “That’s just dumb”. Here I am a few years later, riding one - and loving it!

Mind you, mine is a budget buy to get me through winter and a wet spring. So far it’s paid off but come summer I’ll be riding my faster, quicker, lighter and more agile trail bike. To me Fat bikes are a niche market that are almost utilitarian. Not sure dropping a lot of coin on one is a smart investment. Of course, “a lot of coin” is relative. Only you can make that call.

Good luck!

xc62701

My brother is a typical Colorado xc loving toolbag and always made fun of my fatbike. That is until he came back to jersey and we rode Mahlon with him on the fatty. He's a believer now. He couldn't stop smiling.

Mr.Moto

I just bought my first Fattie three weeks ago for $720. It’s a rigid Fuji Wendigo 2.1 with 5” tires. The bike is a beast that I’ve gotten down to 34 lbs with a few simple mods. (see post here).

It was a complete impulse buy. The first time I saw a fat bike on a trail I actually thought to myself, “That’s just dumb”. Here I am a few years later, riding one - and loving it!

Mind you, mine is a budget buy to get me through winter and a wet spring. So far it’s paid off but come summer I’ll be riding my faster, quicker, lighter and more agile trail bike. To me Fat bikes are a niche market that are almost utilitarian. Not sure dropping a lot of coin on one is a smart investment. Of course, “a lot of coin” is relative. Only you can make that call.

Good luck!

Just saw one of these Fuji's at Sierra Trading Post today. Price on it was $800.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Just saw one of these Fuji's at Sierra Trading Post today. Price on it was $800.
BINGO! That's where I got mine.
$799 minus 10% for opening a STP card, plus I got cash back on the card. In the end I paid $720 after tax. Paid it off as soon as I got the bill. Damn good deal IMO.

IMG_7588.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom