Instagram hacked by the Russians

rick81721

Lothar
POTUS says anything bad about Russia is fake news, you should know this!

BTW, what you are getting are fishing emails, when you open them, they install malware on your computer. The “non Russian “ hackers now have access to your computer and any accounts you had the passwords you saved on the computer. I strongly suggest you scrub your computer and change all passwords you had on that computer so the “non Russian “ hackers can not do more than mess with your Instagram account.

Fishing emails from Instagram? These are the only emails I am getting and when I go back to Instagram the password/email/username was changed.

No more activity since early yesterday afternoon.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Did you follow the link in the email to get to instagram to check?

anyway - good that it seems to have cleared up.

mustclime

They are not from Instagram, they are made to look like they are from Instagram so you will open them. The non Russian hackers are also using e mails that look like they are from UPS, Amazon, FEDEX and the USPS saying “your delivery is on the way, tracking info inside”...... you open the e mail, the malware is installed.

rick81721

Lothar
They are not from Instagram, they are made to look like they are from Instagram so you will open them. The non Russian hackers are also using e mails that look like they are from UPS, Amazon, FEDEX and the USPS saying “your delivery is on the way, tracking info inside”...... you open the e mail, the malware is installed.

If they are not from Instagram, then how is my Instagram account changed simultaneously?

Patrick

Staff member
If they are not from Instagram, then how is my Instagram account changed simultaneously?

opening the email on an infected machine is using cached information, and changing your account.
it is an attack creating the change, not the change creating the email. i'll go in and change my pw/email and
see what i get.

or you just got hacked, and it is some kid playing with a toolkit.
your mustang makes you a high value target - don't use the ford pony app, they'll own the car. :D

rick81721

Lothar
opening the email on an infected machine is using cached information, and changing your account.
it is an attack creating the change, not the change creating the email. i'll go in and change my pw/email and
see what i get.

or you just got hacked, and it is some kid playing with a toolkit.
your mustang makes you a high value target - don't use the ford pony app, they'll own the car. :D

If you make any changes, you will get the same emails from Instagram. Which means the hacker would have had to block real emails from Instagram from being sent. Not plausible. More likely some clown just fooling with my Instagram.

Patrick

Staff member
middle valley to zellers....

think about being hacked as you cross the columbia trail. it will help.
Try to hook up with @jackx.

also, find the tour of long valley loop. that was a good one.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
A few friends of mine have had their accounts hacked and lost them. Not sure what the end game is, maybe to re use the photos in fake accounts that spread misinformation.

JakeKelly74

You know what is even worse? That it still happens to some people till now! My girlfriend justt got her account recently in the same way.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I hope it does stand for Russia, than an old granny name like Roberta.:(
I once dated a smoking hot Brazilian chick named Roberta. I bet she’s still smoking now in for 40s.

On topic ... IG, TT, FB .. all those things are loaded with fake accounts and hackers galore. It’s like going for a bike ride - there are bugs everywhere but you still go out and ride. Just gotta watch out for the dangerous ones that can hurt you (aka drain your bank account).

Top Bottom